Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lighted carbon fiber door sills

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a set of front door lighted sills (made of aluminum) and had them skinned with carbon fiber. They light when the doors are opened. Model S on driver's side, TESLA on the passenger. PM me if you want to know where to obtain the sills. The carbon fiber work was done by Carbon Fiber Element in New Jersey -- they've done all of my other carbon fiber projects. The photos of the lighted sills at night fall far short of doing them justice. I shot the photos in the rain and could not put the camera on a tripod, so I shot with flash, which dims the brightness.

Unlighted driver's side

DSC_5331.JPG

Lighted

DSC_5367.JPG

Unlighted passenger side

DSC_5339.JPG

Lighted

DSC_5349.JPG

Also put a lighted Model S piece in the frunk.

DSC_5352.JPG

Looks awesome, Rick!

I bought a set of front door lighted sills (made of aluminum) and had them skinned with carbon fiber. They light when the doors are opened. Model S on driver's side, TESLA on the passenger. PM me if you want to know where to obtain the sills. The carbon fiber work was done by Carbon Fiber Element in New Jersey -- they've done all of my other carbon fiber projects. The photos of the lighted sills at night fall far short of doing them justice. I shot the photos in the rain and could not put the camera on a tripod, so I shot with flash, which dims the brightness.

Unlighted driver's side

View attachment 55453

Lighted

View attachment 55455

Unlighted passenger side

View attachment 55454

Lighted

View attachment 55456

Also put a lighted Model S piece in the frunk.

View attachment 55457