Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Impression after spending a day with my MS in Hong Kong

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a quick sum up:

- The Pano roof was my main concern for HK weather. I must say it is excellent and blocks heat under today's typical HK hot sunny day. The sun is very pleasant inside and didn't feel much heat wave. Under the same condition in my X5, I can definitely feel the sun and heat. I would say 90% vs 50% blocked.

- When the car switched on you can hear some high rev sound, probably Aircon and fluid pump etc.

- The Tesla App not working yet. DS told me I can start using it 48hrs after delivery. Let's see what it can do tomorrow.

- The touch panel glare is minimal. My drive position is quite lay back, so I need to stretch for some left side "buttons". (No, I won't admit I have short hands, No..)

- Google map, Browser, and Internet Radio all working fine.

- The Connection service comes with MS is on 3G. (Not sure which provider) The car can also connect to Wifi Access Points.

- If you use an USB flash Disk to hold music files, the Media player plays MP3, FLAC, WAV ok. Cannot play M4A and APE format. No Album Arts. (Solution to this is buy a bloody iPod and get connected, which I don't have one... :rolleyes:)

- Screen displays both Simplified and Traditional Chinese OK.

- I've done mostly City drive, but no heavy traffic. Average energy consumption is 260Wh/Km. Roughly each KWh goes 4Km, so 85KWh gives you 300Km City range?

Anyone got experiences to share?

UPDATE 8 AUG 2014

Autotoll - The shaded area on the right of rear mirror may or may not work, depends on which booth you get through. Nose cone is the best place to put it.

Regen Brake - I went down from the peak all the way to Garden Road. If you use "Standard" you'll get 30-40KW charge but the car goes like 20Km/h, no brake needed. For "Low" you get 15KW charge, the car goes 35-45Km/h which is more like the normal downhill speed. :smile:

Last edited:

Anyone got experiences to share?

I WISH! But not until over a month from now :(

Good to read about though. Met Alipapa briefly, and saw his car (and part of his family). His mom went along for the drive, and she had her fingernails painted in Signature red to match the car - what a detail! I don't think anyone except me noticed, including herself :)

Browser active, even when driving, or only in Park?

uploadfromtaptalk1407128294050.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1407128305138.jpg

The Android app works, you can't find on Google Play HK, I got it here:

Download Tesla Model S Beta,Tesla Model S Beta 1.1 46 Download | 1mobile.com

Thanks! Let me check the ID3 Tags and test again.

One more thing is the browser works while moving, but no flash player for youtube :crying:

Also my Tesla app is working now :cool:

More updates later .... :)