Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dyno Next Week for Model S- any instructions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - first post. Have read and seen some videos about a few people putting Model S up on a dyno. I have the opportunity to put my Model S on one next week. I was wondering if anyone could help with the following: 1)Tie Down Points 2)Special Instructions 3)Other? Thanks.

start the dyno session from a standstill going 100% wide open throttle, don't roll up to a speed and start it.... turn off traction control and all other accessories, AC, radio, lights, etc... make sure the car has a 100% charge...

This happened locally(ish) by a company that would bring along their mobile dynos to fairs and events around the province. People would pay a fee to have a dyno reading of their car. The readings were not accurate and people that knew better would never trust those guys nowhere near their cars.

If you test on a real "permanent" Mustang or DynoJet dyno, you will be safe. Guys operating dynos know their stuff. They do this day in and day out. Clowns bringing dynos around on a trailer to entertain kids during small town fairs should be avoided. Especially if you have a high power car like the Tesla.