Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar recommendations - Sacramento Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We may need to replace our roof in the next year or so, and if we're going to do so we will also install Solar. As I start to explore options, can anyone recommend particular Solar contractors in the Sacramento Area with whom you've had a good experience? Feel free to post here or send me a PM so that we can perhaps chat on the phone.

We used Solar City and are very pleased. They analyzed 24 months worth of SMUD bills and sized a system that covers out tier 2 and above requirements. They gave us two PPA options and a straight purchase option--we went with one of the PPA options. We've been very happy with the installation and the service--been in a little over a year now.

We may need to replace our roof in the next year or so, and if we're going to do so we will also install Solar. As I start to explore options, can anyone recommend particular Solar contractors in the Sacramento Area with whom you've had a good experience? Feel free to post here or send me a PM so that we can perhaps chat on the phone.
One thing to consider about timing is that the 20 year grandfathering in of net metering will be ending soon in California (I think by 2016 or sooner if a certain number of installs are reached). I'm not sure what it will be replaced with, but it most certainly will not be as favorable to consumers.

I think the federate tax rebates also end in 2016.

I stongly recommend THE SOLAR COMPANY. They use SUNPOWER panels - the most efficient in the industry. We interviewed several companies including Solar City, Sungevity, Verengo. The Solr Company offered us a no pressure sale, worked with us on where we wanted to place the panels on our roof ( one of the companies wanted to place them on risers on our back lawn!), quick time to install, clean job, and was able to obtain all permits in a very timely manner. And they are now local to Tracy to boot! Two thumbs up!