Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

24th July...31st July...5th Aug...and finally...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got it today! :biggrin:

MS_Delivery.jpg

P8020007s.JPG

First Impression:

- Much much better finishing, both interior and exterior, than Demo cars. No more wavy leather seams and carpet fitted nicely :cool:

- Yet to come up with navigation software. They'll update later.

- Really don't like the all-in-one wiper-indicator, but anyway... :frown:

- I really need the Center Console (on waiting list)

- Wiper blades sucks!!! No good! :mad:

Otherwise it is Grrrrrrrrrreat to drive! :tongue:

For those who have had their car delivered was there any mention of extended warranties, ranger service or other services that are available?

I think my DS mentioned 4-year warranty? I didn't pay too much attention though :rolleyes:

There's also a 24hr roadside assistance number. If outside office hours then the call will be forwarded to a towing company and a Tesla staff mobile phone.

- - - Updated - - -

By comparison, here is what the delivery area in Hopewell looked like 3 1/2 years ago.

View attachment 55294

Tesla's stock price 3.5yrs ago was only twenty something :tongue:

I like your Roadster color :smile:

For decades, I have been using products like "Rain Kleer" and "Rainex" (same product, different brand). It last about 1-3 months, slowly wears off. The more you use your wipers, the faster it wears off. Until then, rain is repelled into tiny drops, instead of large splashes of water.

The windscreen becomes hydrophobic.

It's like removing all the steps on a climbing wall, there is no-where to hold on. The water cannot fall out flat, but only attach in bubbles - and if you can see through those bubbles (not that hard, just change your focus), you don't need to use your windshield wipers. Obviously, it works better at speeds over 30-50 km/h, as the relative wind then blows the water away. The worst scenario is drizzle at night, with small but bright street lights - in this case, a lot of reflections can make it necessary to use wipers.

Going on a country road or highway, even passing a large truck in heavy rain, you can see straight though the rain without using wipers. It works magic.

Here is an example:

I have also seen some Japanese brands in a Japanese car accessory shop.

For these reasons, I never cared to change wiper blades too often, and always told at the service - don't replace them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the club!

What do you not like about the wiper blades? I haven't noticed anything unusual about mine.

Thanks!!

Exactly like Sonywong said it just won't clean well.

A perfect blade should wipe through silently without jitter and leave no marks. Both of the blades on mine are noisy, jitter and smudgy :cursing:

DITB: Perhaps I should give it a try..:biggrin:

For decades, I have been using products like "Rain Kleer" and "Rainex" (same product, different brand). It last about 1-3 months, slowly wears off. The more you use your wipers, the faster it wears off. Until then, rain is repelled into tiny drops, instead of large splashes of water.

The windscreen becomes hydrophobic.

It's like removing all the steps on a climbing wall, there is no-where to hold on. The water cannot fall out flat, but only attach in bubbles - and if you can see through those bubbles (not that hard, just change your focus), you don't need to use your windshield wipers. Obviously, it works better at speeds over 30-50 km/h, as the relative wind then blows the water away. The worst scenario is drizzle at night, with small but bright street lights - in this case, a lot of reflections can make it necessary to use wipers.

Going on a country road or highway, even passing a large truck in heavy rain, you can see straight though the rain without using wipers. It works magic.

Here is an example:

I have also seen some Japanese brands in a Japanese car accessory shop.

For these reasons, I never cared to change wiper blades too often, and always told at the service - don't replace them.

Here's a recipe if you want to DIY.

Homemade Windshield Water Repellent | eHow

Last edited: