Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dallas and Blink/Chargepoint Locations Troubles.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

Sorry to keep making threads of destination chargers. But, I was wondering if anyone here has experience with a charger in Dallas that is connected to a hotel.

So, for a little back story, most of the chargers I've noticed are Blink chargers and we of course have a chargepoint card. Lucky us I guess......

Anyway, all the chargepoint locations on PlugShare pretty much aren't connected to Hotels, so its rather disappointing. I am noticing Blink is much more prevalent and now I am kicking myself for just now signing up for Blink, albeit too late. Worst case I guess I could go see Tesla and plug in there, but man the wait time would be fairly lame. It would be really nice to plug in somewhere overnight.

How am I supposed to know what Blink chargers will take guest codes if I have no InCard? Is there a map to show which chargers do this?

Anyone have experience with a non-Blink charger, or a Blink that at least takes Blink Codes and NOT InCards as advertised by their website?

Last edited:
Where do you need to be? As you noted, there are several hotels with blink charging here - I don't often charge in town, but the couple of times I have, the charger did accept a guest code.

You're welcome to charge from my HPWC, but that's probably useful only if you're more mid-cities than Dallas.

Where do you need to be? As you noted, there are several hotels with blink charging here - I don't often charge in town, but the couple of times I have, the charger did accept a guest code.

You're welcome to charge from my HPWC, but that's probably useful only if you're more mid-cities than Dallas.

Hey boller, I guess thats just it. I've not used Blink chargers before. The one time I have they wanted an InCard. I guess I don't know what locations have blink code usage without said card since I don't have mine yet. Once more, not sure what hotels would have them.

I mean, I am willing to park anywhere near a hotel that is in Dallas. Our objective is to go see Medieval Times, so anywhere closer to central Dallas is always a plus. I gave the Hotel Anatole a call and they didn't think they had EV charger blink locations there even though it says on PlugShare.

That is another question, at most hotel locations that you have been to with Blink, does the hotel swipe their own card or do you need one? Ideally if I can find a blink charger that accepts blink codes instead of cards, I would be in business. Thank you for the hospitality but I believe worst case scenario we would hit up Tesla for a few hours.

The Marriott City Center has an HPWC and I think that hotel will be comparably priced to the Anatole. A couple of the boutique hotels (Hotel Palomar) offer free blink charging. If you need to go that route, see if they have their own Blink Card.

The Marriott City Center has an HPWC and I think that hotel will be comparably priced to the Anatole. A couple of the boutique hotels (Hotel Palomar) offer free blink charging. If you need to go that route, see if they have their own Blink Card.

So I saw those too. I don't have the dual chargers in my car, will the HPWC still charge my vehicle but at a lower rate? Or will it not accept it at all?

In case you need another option, I have used 120V outlets at the Fairmont and Rosewood Crescent hotel garages. Parking there for 1-2 days on those trips gave me enough range to get to the Corsicana supercharger. (I have a 60, with a 85 coming from the Waco supercharger you could probably go back to Waco with 120V charging in Dallas.)

I have a been to test drive event in Hotel Palamor and they have a blink charger in their underground parking garage. I recall that i used my Blink card at that time but it is possible that the hotel also has free blink cards for guests. Call them ahead and check.

Centrally located and easy access off the highway.

I will likely use Palomar due to this and let them know that is why I chose them.

if you are desperate, I have a 220 at my house you could charge as my Roadster is in for repairs. Also, Northpark mall is just up the street from my house and Palomar (I'm 5 mins from Palomar, 5 more mins to Northpark) where they have the Model S chargers that you could probably get topped off at.

if you are desperate, I have a 220 at my house you could charge as my Roadster is in for repairs. Also, Northpark mall is just up the street from my house and Palomar (I'm 5 mins from Palomar, 5 more mins to Northpark) where they have the Model S chargers that you could probably get topped off at.

I appreciate the house offers! :)

And yeah Tesla at the mall was going to be our backup plan. But we still need to get our charger (in our car) fixed before this Thursday, hopefully Tesla handles that soon. Only 1800 miles on the car too.... sigh.

NorthPark was very nice to stroll thru while charging.
The HPWCs supply 56A at 207V, so really, a single charger can charge almost as fast as a pair of twins (10kW vs. 11.6kW respectively).

Actually, a single-charger car would be 40A at 207V is only 8.2kW on the NorthPark chargers. This is one of the things I hate about 3-phase: Each leg is ~208V and not like the ~240V you'd get a home with single-phase.

Another resource to check is the Tesla Find Us web site. It shows HPWCs at hotels that are not always on plug share.
As a matter of fact I call ahead to hotels and ask if they have charging avaialble. A lot of times I get " we have a charger but it is only for Tesla" . The hotels don't have it listed on their website and a lot of times it isn't listed anywhere even on "Find Us"

Find Us | Tesla Motors