Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pittsburgh , Pa to Rochester, Ny

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jrreno

Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2013
Sarasota , Florida
Traveling between Pittsburgh and Rochester today. After consulting Plug Share I called Evangola State Park in Irving New York. They said they would be able to accommodate us at one of their 50 amp Rv stations.
We stopped at the Cranberry Supercharger and had a very pleasant breakfast with Newscutter and JakeP. They took my wife and I to a nice coffee shop a couple of miles away (and brought us back :))
Charged up to 264 mile range charge and drove 171 miles to Evangola with it on 65 mph cruise most of the way. Large sections of I90 drop to 55 mph plus there is the normal summer construction taking place. Arrived with 100 rated miles. When I told the attendant at Evangola I only needed the plug for a few hours he just charged me the normals day pass of $6. We parked and sat outside in our chairs for about an hour. The Plugshare tip that the RV breakers would not tolerate a full 40 amps was accurate. After a half hour the breaker tripped and I dialed down to 35 amps. We took a nice walk over to the beach and back. That took the charge time to about 2 and a half hours and we had 157 rated miles. I was comfortable with this for the 115 miles left to my daughter's. Arrived with 35 rated left.
Evangola only has a small snack stand by the beach. It is a nice place to take a liesurely walk with plenty of restroom facilities. I doubt they are open in Winter and weekends in the summer are probably fully loaded with RVs. For midday and midweek it was a pretty enjoyable option to pick up a few extra miles.