Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HPWC Replacement Cable now available at Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good news for owners who have a damaged cable not covered under warranty (and those who want one for other reasons), Replacement cables are now available for the HPWC. Its not exactly cheep, but at least you do not have to replace the whole HPWC for $1200. Part number is 1011906-00-B with a price tag of $548.88.

IMG_20140730_182158[1].jpg

The bad news is the cables fail. Mine failed just under the warranty period. I fear it will fail again. There is some circuit in the head that seems fail such that the insertion of the head doesn't get registered properly and you fail to charge.

I wonder if Tesla has revised the design?

The bad news is the cables fail. Mine failed just under the warranty period. I fear it will fail again. There is some circuit in the head that seems fail such that the insertion of the head doesn't get registered properly and you fail to charge.

I wonder if Tesla has revised the design?

I believe they have.... The part number I was originally given was 1011906-00-C but the SC only had the "-B" in stock.