Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carpet Art from Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mknox

Aug 7, 2012
Toronto, ON
So I had my car in for service yesterday and as usual, the Tesla Service Center cleaned the car inside and out. I found this little surprise in the trunk. They vacuumed the Tesla logo into the carpet! Made me think of that latte art you see at some coffee houses.
7-30-2014 8-59-35 AM.jpg

Selfishly, I'm glad they switched, then. That early handle wouldn't be accessible with the trunk liner in place, where the current one is.

Yep, it's the original flimsy cover. I keep forgetting to ask if they'll provide me with a newer one, but it's pretty low on my list of "must haves". They did provide me with a set of the new and improved cabin floor mats, but I'd already bought myself a set of Lloyd's mats.

Carpet Art

Yep, it's the original flimsy cover. I keep forgetting to ask if they'll provide me with a newer one, but it's pretty low on my list of "must haves". They did provide me with a set of the new and improved cabin floor mats, but I'd already bought myself a set of Lloyd's mats.

They gave me the new plastic reinforced one when I asked. Much better.

Last edited:
Good to know. I'm going to have to ask for that, too.

I must say I'm pretty jealous of the people on here gushing about the great service. It was part of the reason I bought the car (and the service plan). I guess I haven't noticed anything special...have found the service at Toyota and Lexus to be just as good if not better. I find little things like cleaning the car and vacuuming to be those little touches that go a long way. Was surprised that the local Lexus and Toyota dealership will do that but Tesla doesn't. They came and picked up my car which was awesome and much more appreciated than a vacuum, but left some oil/grease/crusty stuff all over my new tires and got some glue of the window I had to remove with a razor blade. I hate to nitpick but I doubled to tripled my car budget to get a Tesla, I guess I'm looking for added value anywhere I can get it, even if it's just a really cool vacuum job ;)

I must say I'm pretty jealous of the people on here gushing about the great service. It was part of the reason I bought the car (and the service plan). I guess I haven't noticed anything special...have found the service at Toyota and Lexus to be just as good if not better. I find little things like cleaning the car and vacuuming to be those little touches that go a long way. Was surprised that the local Lexus and Toyota dealership will do that but Tesla doesn't. They came and picked up my car which was awesome and much more appreciated than a vacuum, but left some oil/grease/crusty stuff all over my new tires and got some glue of the window I had to remove with a razor blade. I hate to nitpick but I doubled to tripled my car budget to get a Tesla, I guess I'm looking for added value anywhere I can get it, even if it's just a really cool vacuum job ;)

Tesla is very serious about their service departments. If you were not happy you should let the service center or Tesla Ownership know about it. Not to complain, but just so your local service center can improve and keep up with the great service we are hearing about throughout the US. (Not just vacuuming, but Tesla going above and beyond for customers).

Tesla is very serious about their service departments. If you were not happy you should let the service center or Tesla Ownership know about it. Not to complain, but just so your local service center can improve and keep up with the great service we are hearing about throughout the US. (Not just vacuuming, but Tesla going above and beyond for customers).

No, it's ok to complain. Customer satisfaction is Tesla's number one concern. Tesla is striving for consistency in all stores and service centers. They would appreciate any comments to help them improve. If you don't get a satisfactory answer locally, than go higher up.