Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Flyer...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let's make a flyer and tell people who ICEd the charging spot that they can also improve the air pollution by not blocking the charger.

I am certainly light years away from a decent English and Chinese writer, but I will do what I can do to help.

Input please~

The two most efficient ways are

1) Put up a cone you have to go out and move manually (including signs that clearly say electric car only, maybe even painting the surface green or something)

2) Have a sign that includes a warning you will be towed away (is this legal/possible in Hong Kong)? Or clamped or ... something people will respect.

I don't think too many HK drivers react to being asked nicely. When they see a vacant spot, they don't care if they are blocking for EV cars charging).

- - - Updated - - -

We discussed this is a previous thread already.

Here are some pictures I have gathered over time, and stored in my "ICEd" folder:

Car Shifter ICEd EV.jpg

Car Shifting device.jpg

This is one I compiled myself - doesn't require any text, hope it is obvious what it means (I am not a graphics designer and the 4 individual pictures are "stolen"):
Do Not Park Your ICE Here!!!.jpg

ICED 3-6-2014 9-43-18 AM.jpg

ICED.jpg

If we take it positively, not many people think there are actually EV running on the street. And obviously it will be the best if the government do something about it, but it is not very likely to happen. So why don't we start off nicely?

I regret to say, but this are all waisted efforts. As long as the carpark management company will not "enforce" or reserve these carparks for EVs, the ICE drivers will give a sh** and park there if it's convenient for them or if they can't find another carpark.

It often takes threats of severe consequences before people take it seriously. Especially if the rule in question is deemed ridiculous.

Why can I not skate here, I am not disturbing anyone? Oh, I can go to jail up to 3 months.

Why can I not use an electric assist bicycle or segway, there is no harm done and it's legal in almost all other countries? Ah - 6 months in the slammer.

Why can I not use this parking spot for my BMW, no-one buys electric cars anyway, waste of space? Yay, there is no fine, just a stupid sign, so I can do it with no consequence.

- or -

Oh, I can get towed. And look at that, there really ARE EVs.

If the government is serious about EVs and clean air, they should sooner rather than later put up signs with fines for blocking EV charging spots with non-EVs. I doubt it would incur imprisonment, but at least towing of the offending vehicle, and a fine. 5,000 HKD and towing should be enough of a deterrent for most, especially if it is actually enforced. Whether a tow truck can access a car park with limited space and height is another question. In this case, consider that equipment I showed in post #4, including clamping and fining.

In other words, moving the car out of the EV spot, clamping it until a parking fine is paid PLUS chargers pr day until those fines are paid.

There is no doubt this will be effective - there is great doubt that something like that would ever be implemented though.

I think the flyer should include the following points (more eloquently worded of course) :

1) Please don't park in dedicated EV charging spots. Some EV's need the charge to get home.

2) EV's help reduce air pollution

3) EV's reduce America's dependence on foreign oil. This keep the price of gasoline lower for everyone.

4) How would you feel it someone blocked all the gas pumps at the only gas station for miles around?

I'm sure there are others things that can be added to help them understand the problem, as well as educating them about the benefits of Electric cars.

I think the flyer should include the following points (more eloquently worded of course) :

1) Please don't park in dedicated EV charging spots. Some EV's need the charge to get home.

2) EV's help reduce air pollution

3) EV's reduce America's dependence on foreign oil. This keep the price of gasoline lower for everyone.

4) How would you feel it someone blocked all the gas pumps at the only gas station for miles around?

I'm sure there are others things that can be added to help them understand the problem, as well as educating them about the benefits of Electric cars.

I don't think people in Hong Kong are too concerned about "Americas" dependance on foreign oil.

A polite warning of a substantial fine, towing/clamping, with proper signage and if necessary, a cone blocking the spot, will be sufficient. The problem is in Hong Kong that at the moment, while you can go up to 6 months to jail for driving an electric bike, segway or similar, parking and ICE car in an EV charging spot can be done without consequences.

We have three almost similar threads about this subject - it's time we finally produce something.

Small business card size for basic information

Larger - maybe A5 size - for better visibility or more information.

Not too aggressive, that will just make people upset and want to be even more obstructive. I vote for the informative, explanatory version, maybe including "As of January 2015, there are more than 1300 electric vehicles on the streets of Hong Kong, and hundreds more are coming each month." - because a lot of people think "It is OK to use the charging spots, as there are no EVs anyway in Hong Kong" - we need to "update" that outdated perception.

I also vote for a web link with information, including a bar code that can be scanned - with more information.