Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting another Model S when car is in the body shop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MikeC

Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2012
Los Angeles
I have some minor cosmetic damage to my car but haven't taken it in yet because I can't bear to drive an ICE for the 2+ weeks they said it would take to repair. The body shop rep said that he heard people have been able to get Model S rentals from Enterprise that were covered by insurance.

Has anyone done this or heard of anyone doing it?

I'd be shocked if insurance ponied up to rent a Model S while your car is in the shop. Absolutely shocked. Isn't it something like $500-1000 a day to rent?

That was my impression and I was surprised that the body shop guy suggested it was possible.

Please don't take it the wrong way, but why does it bother you to drive an ICE car, you're not buying it.

I haven't touched a gas pump in a year and a half and I would like to keep my streak intact.

After driving the Model S for a while, driving an ICE pretty much sucks.

Yes.

you can wait to have the repairs done while you are out of town if thats in the near future for you. Some ICE cars are still nice, I drove my buddie's E63 AMG and got an instant boner...that's something I have never got from my Model S. Don't get me wrong, I love my P85 S but sometimes it does feel pretty dead and heartless compared to a true performance ICE car. Its only 2 weeks it shouldn't be bad. Have enterprise gas up a Prius before you pick it up. That should last 2 weeks.

you can wait to have the repairs done while you are out of town if thats in the near future for you. Some ICE cars are still nice, I drove my buddie's E63 AMG and got an instant boner...that's something I have never got from my Model S. Don't get me wrong, I love my P85 S but sometimes it does feel pretty dead and heartless compared to a true performance ICE car. Its only 2 weeks it shouldn't be bad. Have enterprise gas up a Prius before you pick it up. That should last 2 weeks.

Nicely put Juan...given the opportunity, one shouldn't turn down experiences with different cars. I understand rental cars aren't that exciting, but you can enjoy something on the menu at Enterprise Exotic Rental...say a 911....the experience in a Porsche 911 is something that should be done by everyone. It's quite possibly one of the best cars on the planet. The fuel tank is very small, so you won't dread the pump for too long ;) Or, pull into a full service station and have someone pump it for you :)