Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S: Belgium Brussels to Switzerland Neufchatel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings!

We've rented a Model S and are currently en route to Switzerland.

Charged without a hitch in Trier although there were roadworks going on in the parking itself (near theater building) so be advised.

Will post more later on.

Bye,
Philippe.

Greetings!

We've rented a Model S and are currently en route to Switzerland.

Charged without a hitch in Trier although there were roadworks going on in the parking itself (near theater building) so be advised.

Will post more later on.

Bye,
Philippe.

Hi Phillippe,
First drive in a Model S and its a road trip. Impressive!
So who did you rent it through?
Are you willing to say how much?

Thanks!
I don't want my post to sound like an ad for the rental company so no. ;)

After Trier we drove the Radisson Blu hotel near Karlsruhe and hooked it up to a 11kW charger. Charging is free for guests.
Then we headed for Freiburg and wanted to visit the city while charging. I decided on going to the Schlossberg garage by consulting chargemap.com because it is readily available for customers and the location is great. Unfortunately we had to wait a bit because the 2 places were occupied but not very long since one of them was a service car and the staff removed it promptly.
Then we got to our destination with a comfortable 150km to spare.
So the next day I went early to the supercharger in Lully on the other side of the lake and got to witness some pretty awesome charging. :)

Today we tried to use the MOVE charger from groupe-e by sending an sms with a pre-paid swiss sim card but that didn't work.
Fortunately a salesman lended us his card to get the charging going.

I must I'm satisfied with the charging standards. I had zero problems, it just works. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to mention that there was only one charger at the Radisson Blu hotel.
Anyway I got up early to check on the car and there was norwegian Tesla parked right next to ours.
I promptly unhooked and hoped the other guest would hook it up early. It was hooked up shortly after. :)
I he reads this: sorry man! Next time I'll put my room number behind the wind screen.