Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Road Trip from Chicago to Charlotte, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charlotte is a big city. Where in Charlotte are you staying? There are lots of options showing on Plugshare. I once charged at the "CATS Mallard Creek Park & Ride" here:

CATS Mallard Creek Park Ride | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

But that's a ways out of the city, but pretty close to the Ikea which is where I was going on that trip. This was before the Burlington SC was open. Now that the Burlington SC is there, I don't need to charge in Charlotte anymore when I drive from the Raleigh area.

Check out Plugshare. It lists 15 chargers in downtown Charlotte. The Plugshare app also lets you search for hotels with charging. You can also check out the website of your kid's college to see if they offer charging at any of their parking sites.

Also, if you register for a Plugshare account, you'll get to see private chargers and may luck into another Model S owner who can help you out.

Thanks pgiralt. The CATS Mallard Creek Park & Ride has 3 J1772 charger. Any idea who i can contact to check if i can leave Model S at night to be plugged in for charging.

We are planning to stay at Hilton University place hotel, and it is near the other J1772 public charger at BICO South bldg. at University Research Park. Tomorrow I plan to contact Property Manager of BICO South to confirm if overnight parking is allowed at charging station.

I guess it it safe to leave Model S charging overnight at one of these public charging stations.

Thanks pgiralt. The CATS Mallard Creek Park & Ride has 3 J1772 charger. Any idea who i can contact to check if i can leave Model S at night to be plugged in for charging.

We are planning to stay at Hilton University place hotel, and it is near the other J1772 public charger at BICO South bldg. at University Research Park. Tomorrow I plan to contact Property Manager of BICO South to confirm if overnight parking is allowed at charging station.

I guess it it safe to leave Model S charging overnight at one of these public charging stations.

The park and ride seemed like it was an unmanned location. There is a little shack in the middle that I think is just restrooms. The EV spots are just past the entrance to the lot and all of them were empty when I passed by.

There is a contact us link at the bottom of this page for the City of Charlotte that might be able to tell you if it's 24/7 or not:

CATS Park and Rides

You might also try [email protected]