Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for people's experience at Superchargers in the Midwest

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am taking my Model S on a road trip for the first time. Meaning my first Supercharger vist. I am going from Columbus, OH to Milwaukee, WI.
The Supercharges on my way are the following:
Maumee, OH
Angola, OH
Mishawaka, IN
Highland Park, IL
Pleasant Prairie, WI

I would like to know from people who have visited these sites about how busy the supercharges are but mainly if they have been ICE'd.
Of course I do not need to stop at all of these but would like to avoid any that may be potentially problematic.

Hi Vip -

During a road trip to DC this past winter from Chi-town, I visited all of them except Pleasant Prairie, WI. No problems with ICE-ing - ICEs that is. However, there was a snow storm on the way back and plenty of actual ice on the roads and superchargers! They performed (as well as the car) flawlessly, by the way.

During the busy summer months there might be some Model S traffic. However, all of these SCs are located towards the perimeter of the mall parking lots so I doubt you'll have any ICE-ing problems.

I've used all of the Superchargers you asked about. The only one I would be concerned about is Pleasant Prairie if you are visiting in the middle of the day on a Saturday or Sunday. On the weekend during peak shopping hours, the parking lot of the outlet mall can fill to such extreme capacity that the only parking spots left for ANY vehicle are the Tesla Supercharger stalls. I have yet to arrive with all spots ICEd, but I have arrived when only one spot was not ICEd. After charging, I moved my Model S in case someone else needed charging and I spent 20 minutes looking for a parking spot. It also wasn't a wise idea to locate the Superchargers at Pleasant Prairie near the Nike outlet store, which among the outlet stores likely sees the most foot traffic.

I've used all of the Superchargers you asked about. The only one I would be concerned about is Pleasant Prairie if you are visiting in the middle of the day on a Saturday or Sunday. On the weekend during peak shopping hours, the parking lot of the outlet mall can fill to such extreme capacity that the only parking spots left for ANY vehicle are the Tesla Supercharger stalls. I have yet to arrive with all spots ICEd, but I have arrived when only one spot was not ICEd. After charging, I moved my Model S in case someone else needed charging and I spent 20 minutes looking for a parking spot. It also wasn't a wise idea to locate the Superchargers at Pleasant Prairie near the Nike outlet store, which among the outlet stores likely sees the most foot traffic.

Thanks Wattson!! Since I may not be able to charge once I am in Milwaukee, Pleasant Prairie was the last one I was going to stop at and range charge. It will be a Thursday afternoon on the way up so may not be a problem. Sunday afternoon on the way back so may stop at Highland Park instead.

Thanks Wattson!! Since I may not be able to charge once I am in Milwaukee, Pleasant Prairie was the last one I was going to stop at and range charge. It will be a Thursday afternoon on the way up so may not be a problem. Sunday afternoon on the way back so may stop at Highland Park instead.

You won't likely get iced at Highland Park. Superchargers are located behind Tesla SC.

Just used the following two on out and return trips in July: Maumee, OH, Angola, IN. Used Mishawaka, IN on the out trip but skipped it on return trip. No ICE'ing and no wait at any of them. All convenient with Mishawaka being the furthest driving from the highway. You should have no issue at those sites as the superchargers are far enough away from prime spots to be likely ICE'ing candidates.

If you need to Charge in Milwaukee at a Higher then 30 amp pace, let me know. My 14-50 is free for all after 7pm and weekends, and 30cents/kWh (due to time of use) during the day. I could even drop you off and pick you up if you need.

If you need to Charge in Milwaukee at a Higher then 30 amp pace, let me know. My 14-50 is free for all after 7pm and weekends, and 30cents/kWh (due to time of use) during the day. I could even drop you off and pick you up if you need.

Thanks islandbayy! I will be near Schlitz Park in downtown and they have a public charger there. Will contact you if necessary.

Well, not a app, but I set this up, Tesla Supercharger Network Travel Guide Though, I do not have many locations on it as of now, I will be adding about 19-25 more within the next Month, as I am doing a Epic Road trip that includes A Model S and a Steam Locomotive ;)

Really cool Islandbayy!!! It appears that you have all the suprechargers I am going to visit. Will try to get some new video for you if I can.