Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk on the simpsons

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
Awesome! I looked at the Comcast channel listings a week ago and didn't see it in the guide. Figured it was too far into the future (knew it was supposed to be in January tho).

Been waiting for this since last summer! Hopefully it's a more faithful Elon rendition than the South Park one.

Elon Musk on the Simpsons - please merge

Ugh, since no one else is saying it: They simpsons episode with Elon was regrettable in many, many ways. The gag was that he is a futurist genius and kind of an emotionless robot. He joins up with Mr. Burns to implement some wacky ideas to save the planet. (the hyperloop was played for laughs several times, as in this is a terrible idea lets make fun of it). And the big payoff was a corporate meeting where Elon explains that they are losing 50 million a quarter, but its ok because they are saving the planet. Ugh.

I don't think that it matters, or that this episode is hugely influential. But I am disappointed in the thought process where Elon wouldn't say "Lets maybe not say that. People already think that is true of Tesla, and I am fighting that perception every day."). But no, he has actual lines spoken at a podium where he says that. And it doesn't play as farce, but more like we should consider that ok because isn't saving the planet more important? A casual viewer might think that Tesla must be unprofitable and living off of handouts on a mission to save the earth and makes no business sense.

There were no Model S appearances, they did do quite a bit on electric self-driving cars (looked like Volts). Basically everyone drinks and drives (realistic application).

Glad the market is up.

Ugh, since no one else is saying it: They simpsons episode with Elon was regrettable in many, many ways. The gag was that he is a futurist genius and kind of an emotionless robot. He joins up with Mr. Burns to implement some wacky ideas to save the planet. (the hyperloop was played for laughs several times, as in this is a terrible idea lets make fun of it). And the big payoff was a corporate meeting where Elon explains that they are losing 50 million a quarter, but its ok because they are saving the planet. Ugh.

I don't think that it matters, or that this episode is hugely influential. But I am disappointed in the thought process where Elon wouldn't say "Lets maybe not say that. People already think that is true of Tesla, and I am fighting that perception every day."). But no, he has actual lines spoken at a podium where he says that. And it doesn't play as farce, but more like we should consider that ok because isn't saving the planet more important? A casual viewer might think that Tesla must be unprofitable and living off of handouts on a mission to save the earth and makes no business sense.

There were no Model S appearances, they did do quite a bit on electric self-driving cars (looked like Volts). Basically everyone drinks and drives (realistic application).

Glad the market is up.

That actually was Elon voicing his own character in the TV cartoon play. So he knew what was written in the script and went along with the gags.

Glad the market is up.
This is a review in which the author complains that the episode was too deferential to Musk (I haven't seen it).

That actually was Elon voicing his own character in the TV cartoon play. So he knew what was written in the script and went along with the gags.

I know it was really him, that is why I am disappointed he went along with it. If it was just farce directed at him that is different.

I can see why someone would think it was deferential (all guest spots are a little kiss-up) but really he was played as an out of touch fool whose ideas and judgment were poor.

Glad the market is up.

IMO the episode was a play on how the media portrays American's view of green innovation. The only people that will take the show at face value are the same people that support the views portrayed in the show.