Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Potty Talk: favorite bathrooms when charging your Tesla (or just traveling anywhere)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've always wanted to write a book about bathrooms across America while traveling(as weird as that might seem). Please post your favorite pit stops and pics if you want when charging or just traveling around the country if you so desire. I will try to organize it by state if I get a good response.
Rating system:
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:=safe, well lit, easy access, spotless- would like my bathroom at home to be this way! hand towels and room attendant
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:=safe, well lit, good access, clean tons of tp and paper towels
:biggrin::biggrin:=safe, well lit, have had to use my own supplies
:tongue:-wouldn't let my dog dump in this bathroom(if you want to post places to stay away from)

Ill start-The outlet mall at Gilroy, Ca supercharger has been clean and accessible the 6 times I've used it. I'll give It
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Hahaha. Love the idea of this thread. I'm such an immature child at heart.
I haven't been to many SpC's. Here's one in hopes of getting this thread jump started:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Buellton SpC: Marriott right there. A perfectly clean potty in the hotel lobby, as a follow-up to the Starbucks coffee also offered.

Hawthorne!!!

The Tesla design studio has the Model X in the lobby & there is usually a cool vibe with the employees around there, I even had a chance to chat with Franz von Holzhausen after he used the restroom :biggrin:.

Sitting there watching rocket parts go by is an added bonus.

No Supercharger there, but when I'm travelling to NYC I love to stop at Exit 12 in NJ at the Pilot station there. It's one of those gas stations/truck stops, so they're fully stocked with food and such (Subway inside), but their bathrooms are always so frickin' clean! I've never needed to take a shower there, but it's one public place I probably would.

You guys are in Luck, the Just ONLINE EDISON SUPERCHARGER has a McDonalds just across the street from it, grab a BIG MAC and Coke and use the facilities there.............if you can wait there are scads of WC facilities in the mall upstairs by the food court................. Fast Foods restrooms are generally clean and well lit plus this one is so close ..........

From SF to LA the three SC's are all quite good.

Harris Ranch at Coalinga has a fairly fancy restaurant with two sets of nice rest rooms at either end of the very large complex, lunch for two is about $40, without booze. It takes close to an hour, but you probably want to charge pretty full up going in either direction, particularly north.

The Lebeq SC just before the start of the grapevine climb of Hwy 5 has a Yogurtland shop nearby with serve yourself machines and pay by the weight - lots of flavor choices and free samples. The restrooms are clean and nice. There is a big Mexican restaurant across the street from the chargers, but we haven't gone in.

Finally the LA SC at the Space X facility at Hawthorne, near LAX has a very nice Tesla operated facility where you can see a mock up of a Model X, get a free cup of coffee or use not expensive vending machines. You can also buy your grandchildren a Tesla T shirt. The restrooms are good, down a long corridor from the waiting room.

BTW, if you need to stop at a service center, the LA one on Santa Monica Blvd, right next to the 405 Fwy has the most generous free snacks - vending machine sized bags of cookies, chips, etc and free soda. Better than the Fremont service center. However, don't go there anytime near rush hour. Santa Monica Blvd is jammed up for several blocks before the freeway entrance which is only a few feet from the entrance to the service center. There is a back way to get there through a couple of alleys, but not for the uninitiated. I didn't use the rest room, but the snacks are worth the visit.

BTW, if you need to stop at a service center, the LA one on Santa Monica Blvd, right next to the 405 Fwy has the most generous free snacks - vending machine sized bags of cookies, chips, etc and free soda. Better than the Fremont service center. However, don't go there anytime near rush hour. Santa Monica Blvd is jammed up for several blocks before the freeway entrance which is only a few feet from the entrance to the service center. There is a back way to get there through a couple of alleys, but not for the uninitiated. I didn't use the rest room, but the snacks are worth the visit.

This service center will be closed in the next few weeks. Sucks for me, as I live only 1.5 miles away. It is being turned into a showroom, while the existing showroom in Century City is being closed down. There is a new SC on Centinela, and they hope to open another closer to West Hollywood.