Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opticoat group buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just spoke to Mario @ MAD Detailing regarding the group buy prospect that I discussed with some of you recently. He said the average person has spent $1800-$2000 on the OptiCoat, plus everything that goes along with making the car look flawless.

What we agreed upon was minimum 10+ cars in order for it to make sense.
Retail Value $1800-$2000

GROUP BUY PRICE $1,550

He was very hesitant to offer a group buy because he did not want to alienate his previous customer who have paid more, etc. So he has agreed to give 2 free washes to those who have already had their vehicle OptiCoated. He is planning on starting this group buy work on September 1, about a month from now.

Now for the list:
1. Hussain

I don't mean to troll your thread and I realize regional prices might vary, but here in Phoenix, I had the Optic Coat done on a used Model S I recently bought and my Roadster. This involved full detail, 3-4 step paint correction, and then the Opti Coat. List price for the Opti Coat on the Model S was $939.75. I was able to negotiate lower than that because I was having both cars done - closer to $800 for the Model S and $500 for the Roadster.

Both the retail and group buy price seem steep to me. Again, I realize regional pricing might vary, so I just thought I'd put what I paid out there.

Shrink,

Thanks for the heads up I didn't know that was the going rate, if that's correct. I just heard some others in our group say that they were paying on average $1,800 which is what the OptiCoat guy confirmed. Another gal from our group, recently paid $2,500 because her car needed extensive correction. I'll ask the guy again though just to be sure.

Another data point: Here in California I've been quoted anywhere from $500-$1000+ for OptiCoat on Model S, depending on amount of detailing and paint correction needed prior to application.

you guys are absolutely correct, I just talked to Mario and cleared up some of the confusion. A brand new off the showroom car would be $799, and a car that's been washed a few times would need correction, and thus, be more expensive to correct. Not to exceed $1,550 (this service would normally be $1,800-$2,000). This is what my car needs so apologies for mis-speaking earlier.