Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you run 255/35R19

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hmm. I had 275/30 Potenza re-11 and they were way small for the rear. I put 255/40 PSS on my fronts now and they feel pretty good, still smaller.
I think that the 255/35 will be 1.8" diameter smaller than stock. I didn't have problems with my 275 but wouldn't get that small of a sidewall again. 285/40 on the rear is awesome and I would have bought the 255/45 for front but the 40s were cheaper for wider treadwidth.

I would consider them for autocross maybe, the price is cheap but I think more sidewall is better, the S is heavy and people said it looked like my rims were going to rub the ground sometimes!

my 30 series on the rear made the plastic behind the rear wheels almost hit the ground on hard corners if the car was set in low

if you look through the CaliPhotography pictures from 7/20 Refuel you can see some corners and look at how much different tires squish a little but you'd need to pay for good image quality where you can actually see it well.
Looking at the corkscrew pics when the car gets loaded on the left ia appears that you can not see much sidewall at all, even the 285/40 series on my rears look really thin (black center wheel car #61 255/40 fronts)

my 30 series on the rear made the plastic behind the rear wheels almost hit the ground on hard corners if the car was set in low

if you look through the CaliPhotography pictures from 7/20 Refuel you can see some corners and look at how much different tires squish a little but you'd need to pay for good image quality where you can actually see it well.
Looking at the corkscrew pics when the car gets loaded on the left ia appears that you can not see much sidewall at all, even the 285/40 series on my rears look really thin (black center wheel car #61 255/40 fronts)

I bought my photos for the day, so I can chime in here when they send them. I'm curious to note how much the stock 19" sizing squishes up, and how far away I was from scraping. I didn't hear anyone complain about bottoming out on the corkscrew this year, so the minor increase Tesla made must have been enough. to get the car off the ground, even in low. I have coils, though, so I was never in danger.

Alright, sounds like I should pass. If jerry33 find this thread I know he'll say the same thing. :)

Okay, I found the thread :)

Putting tires on a car that have less carrying capacity than the OE tires is a bad idea. I've seen far too many tires fail during the first 25% of their life because they had inadequate carrying capacity to ever recommend it--even if the driver says they only drive on side streets in the city and never go over 45 mph. 88 lb. less per tire may not seem like a lot (it's about 5% less than the OE 19" tires) but it can be the difference between getting there or being stranded, or worse having an accident. (Tire RPMs are 799 vs 751.)

No I would never run with such a small sidewall height. Say goodbye to your tires and rims on every pothole. I'm very happy with my 255/45ZR19 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 which IMO is the perfect tire for the MS. Looks great too.
Did you have the MXM4s previously? I've hears the A/S 3s perform better than even some summer tires. I find the MXM4s seem great for efficiency, but have not been otherwise impressed with them.

Did you have the MXM4s previously? I've hears the A/S 3s perform better than even some summer tires. I find the MXM4s seem great for efficiency, but have not been otherwise impressed with them.

Had a loaner with the MXM4s last week. They were better than goodyears but still nowhere near as good as the A/S 3s. I had a loaner months ago with the 21" continentals and these 19" A/S 3's are farrrr better than those too. These A/S 3s are awesome and should be OEM standard. For a $100k car I don't know why they put those goodyears on them. They're crap. The car deserves a high quality tire and these A/S 3's fit the bill. I can't even begin to describe how great they feel and the ride quality and grip and handling etc. you've got to feel it for yourself. It's like night and day.

I had a loaner months ago with the 21" continentals and these 19" A/S 3's are farrrr better than those too. These A/S 3s are awesome and should be OEM standard.
I'm still a bit skeptical, but that's surely a ringing endorsement. I was actually considering the Continentals (but in the equivalent 19" sizing) to replace the MXM4s. I still have tons of tread, but I'm just so unimpressed. They didn't squeal at Laguna, though, which was great. You usually draw attention to yourself with all-seasons at the track.

I'm still a bit skeptical, but that's surely a ringing endorsement. I was actually considering the Continentals (but in the equivalent 19" sizing) to replace the MXM4s. I still have tons of tread, but I'm just so unimpressed. They didn't squeal at Laguna, though, which was great. You usually draw attention to yourself with all-seasons at the track.

theres no squealing at all with the A/S 3's on my P85. These babies have superb grip.

No I would never run with such a small sidewall height. Say goodbye to your tires and rims on every pothole. I'm very happy with my 255/45ZR19 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 which IMO is the perfect tire for the MS. Looks great too.

Nice! Thinking of using the same tire and size. Any rubbing in the front? Some have reported rubbing at full lock using 255/45R19. Are these mounted on stock 19x8? Any pics?

Nice! Thinking of using the same tire and size. Any rubbing in the front? Some have reported rubbing at full lock using 255/45R19. Are these mounted on stock 19x8? Any pics?

i see you found my pics on the T Sportline Pictures - Page 7 thread. the tsportline rims are 8.5" wide with 35 offset. I don't get any rubbing at full lock going forward. during reverse at full lock it used to rub for the first few thousand miles but no more now.