Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Job at Gigafactory?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jobs at "Tiger Pizza" (Gigafactory)

So my wife and I have been talking about making some changes. I'd like to get a new Job and working for Tesla would fit quite well with my history and skill set. I've been following several of the threads related to Tesla's new battery factory(s). The sites listed are also on our short list of places we'd like to move to. Everything keeps pointing at this being a good idea. So I saw some articles about the potential site east of Sparks where they are building a very large pizza factory called project Tiger; some folks think this is the Tesla Gigafactory site getting built in secret. Anyhow, it does not matter whether this is the site or not, my question is, does anyone have any information regarding applying for jobs at the gigafactory. I've not seen anything listed on the jobs site on the Tesla Motors website. Should I just submit my resume for a job that is not yet posted, or do I just wait until it is posted, or does someone have a contact at Tesla that would be a good person to send the resume? I think I know the best answer, but I thought I'd just ask the question in case I luck into some different route at getting a job with Tesla.

Sparks NV | TeslaMondo

Last edited:
ok...I did not want this thread to be about gigafactory speculation....there is already a thread for that. I wanted this thread to be about applying for jobs at any of the gigafactories. Could we please get the title changed back to what I had it, and get back on topic. Move the posts about the speculation elsewhere if you like.

ok...I did not want this thread to be about gigafactory speculation....there is already a thread for that. I wanted this thread to be about applying for jobs at any of the gigafactories. Could we please get the title changed back to what I had it, and get back on topic. Move the posts about the speculation elsewhere if you like.

I think it may make sense to start a new thread on that. Unfortunately, sometimes things take on a life of their own, and although the main point of the post was about jobs, the most important point discussed was the location. If we split those posts off, it would necessarily include your first post, and we'd have a cloned thread. Perhaps create a new topic titled "How to get a job at the gigafactory"?

Thats just weird. I put "Jobs at Tiger Pizza" because I thought it was funny regarding the article talking about project tiger and the pizza factory permit. I then quickly changed it to "Jobs at Tiger Pizza (Gigafactory)" for clarification but it only changed the first post title and not the main title. When I asked for the title to be updated I had updated it to "Jobs at Gigafactory"...of course only on the first post title. So after a few off topic posts, now I have to create a new thread with the exact same title? OK. Seems strange, but it seems to me this thread about speculation is the duplicate, since the links I had were found on the other Gigafactory thread...nothing new here other than I would like to see if someone knows anything about applying for a job there. I'll wait a bit before creating the new thread. Thanks for the quick response though, you guys work fast.

I work in industrial automation. Right now I work (interestingly enough) on construction sites installing equipment, programming and training operators. I'm looking for something that will have me in one place a bit longer, so I thought working at the GF would be a great fit. So if they need someone like this, as I'm sure they do, they need to have something in place during construction since the key parts of the industrial automation are installed during construction. They can be added later, but it is less expensive and better to have the backbone of the systems installed from the beginning. So, if they need someone during construction, I'm game, and if I have to wait until completion, that is ok also. I'm just trying to get a feel for how Tesla goes about hiring. I see the jobs posted on their site, but I'm not sure if that is the only nor the best way to get in touch with them.

I'd start by applying for a job at Tesla in CA. They will probably staff the positions for the kind of work you describe with people already at the company familiar with their current industrial automation. Trusted, experienced insiders if you will. Just make it widely known you'd be open to relocation to NV or where ever they need you, as that would undoubtedly be a plus. But first convince them you're Tesla material.