Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Miami/Fort Lauderdale Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Miami/Fort Lauderdale Supercharger dot have been around for a while now but there is still no news. Looks like the Tampa Supercharger may be imminent. :smile: Has anyone heard anything yet? It's really not possible to travel to the keys without this key supercharger in place.

The lack of a Miami/Ft. Lauderdale Supercharger also makes it very difficult for those of us who wish to visit Miami and return to the north where the closest station in Pt. St. Lucie. Why is this location so difficult for them? With the high volume of tourism in Florida, I would have thought Miami to be a priority.

The lack of a Miami/Ft. Lauderdale Supercharger also makes it very difficult for those of us who wish to visit Miami and return to the north where the closest station in Pt. St. Lucie. Why is this location so difficult for them? With the high volume of tourism in Florida, I would have thought Miami to be a priority.

Hi Don,

During the initial roll-out of the Supercharger network Tesla started devoting resources mainly to locations along major highways between destinations. They are now beginning to also devote resources to what they call Urban Superchargers. Back in September of last year they attempted to get the ball rolling on a Supercharger in Plantation, but what I would characterize as overly zealous permitting requirements have delayed that project. We have reason to believe that work will start this month there.

Tesla recognizes the importance of the Miami area and they are planning another Supercharger in the Miami area roughly just 30 miles from the the Plantation location.

Larry