Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

85 AC fan maxes higher than 60

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I accompanied my father today to bring his 85 in for his 5,000 mild tire rotation. They gave us a 60 and being in hot South Florida we immediately noticed the AC fan maxes out at 7 vs. 11 on the 85. I searched the forum and the tesla site for confirmation that this is indeed correct and could not find anything.

When the service guy dropped of our 85 we asked and he confirmed the AC Fan is indeed less powerful on the 60. If you live in a hot climate like Florida this is an important difference and a big consideration when configuring your car. So, let it be known, the 85 has yet another benifit that the 60 doesn't.

I accompanied my father today to bring his 85 in for his 5,000 mild tire rotation. They gave us a 60 and being in hot South Florida we immediately noticed the AC fan maxes out at 7 vs. 11 on the 85. I searched the forum and the tesla site for confirmation that this is indeed correct and could not find anything.

When the service guy dropped of our 85 we asked and he confirmed the AC Fan is indeed less powerful on the 60. If you live in a hot climate like Florida this is an important difference and a big consideration when configuring your car. So, let it be known, the 85 has yet another benifit that the 60 doesn't.

Are you sure range mode wasn't on?

I suspect Range Mode was turned on (thought I thought that limited to 8). Even if the AC fan is less powerful on the 60, I doubt Tesla would limit that via the UI, 11 would still be 11, just with a lower output by virtue of the AC pump being smaller.

I thought this was just a FW change. My fan used to go to 11, but settings 1-4 were essentially useless. Now it goes to a smaller number like 8, but each number provides more power than before. I think cooling is far better on my car today than it was a few months ago. Now i can use "auto" fan speed and the temperature will get somewhat close to comfortable. Before I needed to do everything manually if I wanted a comfortable cabin.

I have a 60 and it maxes out at 11.

oh and I got a loaner 85 recently and didn't notice any difference in the A/C strength.