Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Placing an order today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New member and new owner, sort of;
After spending weeks looking and test driving, I could not ignore the financial savings with the Tesla (or any other e car). Having looked and driven others yet the size and range sold me along with my co pilot Olivian at Westfield. I am placing an order today.

My CFO is looking at selling his X5 and doing the same, we end up saving our company a fair penny and for me being on an expat deal my salary is grossed up to cover the income tax for a neutral position making this very attractive both from a finance position and have a brilliant car.

Anxiously waiting for October!

Gary

Welcome to the club, I have gone through the same kind of process as I am able to move from a personal car (Land Rover Discovery) to a company car and spent a lot of time thinking I had made mistakes in my cost models, there were many.

Even with a large TCA the TCO model means that I get a new shiny car that month on month is much cheaper to me than the LR.

I spent weeks thinking, modeling, rechecking. Then two weeks unsure, as the finalisation date approached. I went black despite loving the red as I felt that red was just too RED. And then on the last day, switched to red, quite happy and looking forward to delivery of my S85.

While I can afford and love the idea of the P85 I just had to look at the roads I drive on, for the very few times I see an open road I just couldn't justify the cost in my mind.

Mellington, exactly the same process I went through! I still have a Defender V8 soft top for those moments I want to explore deeper inland and btw, costly to motor up and down the M40 with....

Gary

BTW - I just re-read my comment. There were many cost models, not mistakes. I just never trusted that my motoring costs were going to reduce as a result of the new car.

I love my Disco, but it's running costs are terrible and when it goes wrong... a couple of years ago on a previous model the exhaust on the fuel burning heater split, melted though one of the compressor hoses for the suspension and then as the compressor was constantly running the compressor burnt out. A £25 component lead to something like a £800 fix.

That being said, I would love a SWB as a play thing. I'm just limited for where I can leave it to leak oil, sorry, park.