Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

voice commands: how to specify to call mobile vs home number of a contact?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can the voice recognition dial a specific number for a contact? I have not been able to get this to work and not sure if it is possible. A bit disappointed, since even by prior Prius could dial the right number when I said "Dial John Smith home" or "Dial John Smith mobile".
Thanks!

As AnOutsider said, I don't think it's possible. You have to say "Call (or Dial) John Smith" and it will show the info on the screen and then you have to click the number you want to call. I find this annoying as well and hope it is improved in a future release.

As AnOutsider said, I don't think it's possible. You have to say "Call (or Dial) John Smith" and it will show the info on the screen and then you have to click the number you want to call. I find this annoying as well and hope it is improved in a future release.
I hope it is improved at some point. As it is now, it's not really handsfree dialing...

This was asked for well over a year ago and still isn't there yet. Actually I brought this up to Elon himself at the Austin store opening so pretty sure someone important heard the suggestion:)

Last edited:
Personally, I like the pop-up with Home, Business, Mobile etc. options. It's very easy to see and use and gives me confirmation that the right number is being dialed. If this does get changed in the future, I hope they maintain the current way as at least an option.