Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Indonesia?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,
I have a client in Indonesia that has put his deposit down for a Signature Model X. Since I'm a Model S owner here in the US, he's asking me what the best thing to do is as far as bringing it into Indonesia. I'm pretty sure he made his deposit in Singapore, but maybe HK?
Either way, he has private planes he plans to move the car to Indo in that way, but to avoid paying to register in the country of purchase.

Also, I'd imagine the web based features will not work in Indo, so he will have to get a portable hot spot for the car which is fine.

Any thoughts?

I think you need to make special arrangements with Tesla so that you don't pay local tax and registration fees. A Roadster owner in New Zealand (a market that Tesla does not serve directly) arranged to purchase a RHD Model S for delivery in Tilburg. See the Australia & New Zealand sub-section of this forum. He has to arrange shipping from Tilburg to New Zealand and handle the import and registration. It would obviously be easier from another Asian market currently served by Tesla, but this is what he was able to arrange.