Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

40 kwh option on Model X? Tell me it isn't so.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DailyTech - Tesla Motors Temporarily Shuts Down Production Line for Model X Upgrades

The Model X -- which was introduced in February 2012 -- is Tesla's upcoming all-electric, sport-utility vehicle. The new EV will be heavier than the Model S with 10 percent higher energy consumption.

Some other Model X features we've heard about are "Falcon Doors" for rear seat occupants, all-wheel-drive as a standard (with a separate electric motor driving the front wheels), three battery capacities to choose from (40, 60, and 85 kWh), the ability to sprint from 0 to 60 mph in around 4.4 seconds and a maximum driving range between 214 to 267 miles.

Tell me that article is wrong and they aren't offering the 40 kwh battery pack option for the less efficient Model X.

I could totally see a 40 kwh option for the Model E and we've already seen it in the Model S (by way of software limiting the 60 kwh pack).

But has any site other than dailytech actually mentioned a 40 kwh pack for the Model X before now?