Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Utility workers sound off....

Grade your employer's support for EVs

• A- Great! (Employed by utility)

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • C- Eh... ok (Employed by utility)

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • F- FAIL! (Employed by utility)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A- Great! (NOT Employed by utility)

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • C- Eh... ok (NOT Employed by utility)

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • F- FAIL! (NOT Employed by utility)

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

nwdiver

Feb 17, 2013
United States
So ggies07 gave me an idea with a post in regards to this article;

http://www.greentechmedia.com/artic...ffer-a-Major-Growth-Opportunity-for-Utilities

I've experienced very little support and A LOT of distain in regards to Electric Vehicles from people I've met and worked with in the utility sector. I'm interested to see how common this is. So if your paycheck originates from someone paying their electric bill (control room operators, line-men, coal/uranium miner, natural gas fracker)... if you would be out of a job if there was no demand for electricity please tell me how much support you see from your co-workers and employer for electric vehicles.

Certainly ironic that an industry which sees little or no growth in demand for their product shows little to no enthusiasm for something that has the potential to GREATLY increase demand for their product...

To elaborate on the grades...

If your employer has installed a L2 charger then they deserve an A.

If there was an existing outlet that they let you use... C.

If they simply WILL NOT allow you to charge or there is no place to charge obviously they fail... F!

Last edited:
I work for an electric utility (Vice-President level). We're installing 2 - 100 amp Level 2 Chargers at our location and are actively advocating EV adoption. We participate on EV-related forums at the municipal and provincial level.

That is good news :smile:... you guys got any light water reactors in your fleet? Maybe you can talk some sense into my bosses :wink: