Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speculative Thread: New line new options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought a stretch some things I'd like to see:

- Blind spot warning (though maybe not really needed with always-on wide rear camera it is a common lux option)
- ACC / ACBS (a common lux option)
- Front camera (I have parking sensors but still scrape the curb at times)
- Side cameras (love the 4-way parking view that BMW and Infiniti offer), plus it is on the path to side mirror removal
- Ventilated seats (miss that from my ICE)

Thought a stretch some things I'd like to see:

- Blind spot warning (though maybe not really needed with always-on wide rear camera it is a common lux option)
- ACC / ACBS (a common lux option)
- Front camera (I have parking sensors but still scrape the curb at times)
- Side cameras (love the 4-way parking view that BMW and Infiniti offer), plus it is on the path to side mirror removal
- Ventilated seats (miss that from my ICE)

+ 1

- - - Updated - - -

Since it will do both the S and X on the same line......AWD S?? I doubt it but the possibility is there.

I was thinking the same thing. It would be cool. :cool:

AWD Model S

Since it will do both the S and X on the same line......AWD S?? I doubt it but the possibility is there.
I had SC come to my house to replace a pump last week. The tech told me the WILL be coming out with an AWD version of the Model S.
No doubt that it will come available once they have upgraded the Model S production line to support building the Model X.
So there you go!

I had SC come to my house to replace a pump last week. The tech told me the WILL be coming out with an AWD version of the Model S.
No doubt that it will come available once they have upgraded the Model S production line to support building the Model X.
So there you go!

I don't doubt there will be an AWD S. The speculation was that as soon as the new line opens in August that TM will immediately announce an AWD S is available. I think it is more likely that it will come out after TM opens up configurations on the X for reservation holders which is still a couple months away IMO.

I don't doubt there will be an AWD S. The speculation was that as soon as the new line opens in August that TM will immediately announce an AWD S is available. I think it is more likely that it will come out after TM opens up configurations on the X for reservation holders which is still a couple months away IMO.
I agree that is the most likely way it will play out.

In the Forbes write up of the earnings call they record Elon as saying that he is not showing all his cards for a change and that there is something exciting coming soon. I wouldn't give up hope yet?

I listened to the call and the context of that comment was more in line with capex expenses I thought. I didn't get the impression that it had anything to do with Model S features. Hope I am wrong.

I'm still holding out hope that no announcements will happen until the new line is up and running. A Sunday evening design studio update! With the Model X Alpha being one week out it is also possible that they may not reveal any new feature until then.