Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S accident in china

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

he hesitated.

#1) even I don't drive that aggressively to try cut someone off so close like that.

#2) now with my aggressive driving hat on, you need to trust your instincts and know your surroundings. I could easily have done this without causing an accident. he didn't trust his on judgement and he looked at his side mirror after passing the guy and then hesitated last minute. he had enough room to switch lanes but hesitated last second which was already past the point of no return, not enough stopping room left. if you're going to do something like this you need to judge how fast your going and your rate of passing the guy and trust your instinct and cut over without needing to look at the mirror again. he looked, saw the car he just passed but didn't think he had enough room left to do it. that was his mistake. if he would have just finished changing lanes he wouldn't have clipped anyone. it's all or nothing. you can't hesitate if your going to drive that aggressively. Do you think NASCAR race car drivers check their side mirrors after they pass someone? No. They can't. It's impossible. They don't even have side mirrors like cars do. They have a rear view mirror and then they have these tiny mirrors on their a-pillers. they rely on their instinct. and a spotter. lol so I don't recommend anyone try driving like this guy did. clearly he couldn't handle it. besides, he had the car for like what, a week or so since china deliveries started? it takes longer than that to get to know your car and what it can and can't do and get a feel for your blind spots and margins on the corners.

I think the driver and I have a common weakness:
pack-com-6-cervejas-chinesa-tsing-tao-beer-lager-long-neck-tsing-tao-brewery-330ml.jpg