Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Car Details

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As verified on todays launch event, HK cars will come with:

- Mennekes type 2 charging cable
- Web Browser (yes!!!)
- Google Maps with traffic
- no turn by turn navigation. Tesla want still determines which solution will be best for HK

I didn't notice the web browser, I wonder how they snuck that through? I guess it doesn't work on the go. As for turn by turn, I am surprised they haven't sorted this out by now. I do notice that the website now says "onboard navigation". I suggest Tesla get in with setting it up for Google Maps navigation.

Anyone knows if the car is retrofiable for the rear facing seats?

As far as I understand it - if it isn't built into the car from the factory, retrofit will be practically impossible. Even if you could, imagine dealing with the transport department - i consider it a lost opportunity. I asked Tesla Motors if I could have the car prepared for it, and there was no way they would do it.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know (perhaps sonywong or Alipapa as they are getting their cars next week) the details of how delivery works?
Do you go to Tsuen Wan to pick up the car or do they deliver it to your home?
Some of you also mentioned paperwork, when is that done (how long before actual delivery)? Pay by cheque? At your office or at theirs? etc etc.

I am heading to Tesla HK to Sign the paper work and hand in the check.

It takes another 3-5 working days, and your car will be ready. I will go pick it up as the lighting in the service center should be good enough for me to check if there is any scratch and dent.

From Linda:
The Tesla Model S App is currently being validated to ensure proper functionality in Hong Kong. Once this has been complete, the mobile apps will be released immediately.

And did she mention some specific reason to delay this process until after first delivery? This app has been in the App Store in many other countries for over a year now. It couldn't be that big of a surprise that HK customers would expect it in HK as well.

She didn't say why it take longer to test in HK. (I think HK should be a better place to use the app as mobile network cover almost everywhere)

The app has been running for years in other countries. There has been Model S cars in Hong Kong for months now. What is there to test, which couldn't have been tested and ready by the time the cars would (finally) deliver?

You can see the Mennekes type 2 charging cable in the frunk

0011.jpg

2nd Row Seats Issue

Opinions have it that the second row seats on the demo cars are not as comfortable as expected, main concern is that the thighs are not resting on the seats as the seats are too horizontal and the backrest are to vertical, even an average height person will most likely be in some sort of a "squatting" position.

However, when I was checking out the Design Studio just now, the CG image shows the 2nd row seats as slightly lowered on the rear and higher at the edge, which is perfect, so my question is, is this just a CGI perspective issue or that those demo cars really have different 2nd row seats?

Capture.PNG