Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Camber and New P85+ rim being installed (Camber bolts)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been reading here, and looking for a good solution for the rear camber adjustment. I have looked at a couple of different options for locating and adjusting the rear camber on the modle S.
What I am wondering is that, On other vehicles have camber bolts that you can Buy when installing lowering springs. Has anyone tried to find a aftermarket camber bolt that would or could work for the rear upper controle arm.

From what I recall, one of our forum members, lolachampcar, has custom-designed an entirely new arm that serves to adjust camber as a prototype part. So there has been some interest in this area, but I'm not sure there's anything aftermarket you can simply go out and buy. Depending on when your car was made, Tesla now has adjustable bolts that give some minor adjustment abilities. Enough to potentially fix out-of-spec stuff, but not enough to alter the factory setup substantially.

So it probably depends somewhat on your goal.

Custom LCA's are in the works:

I have just received a set of adjustable links these were made as a prototype by BBC Speed and Machine. I will be installing them on my car then taking it for alignment to see what improvement I can make. I would like to get my car to the negative 1 camber or possibly a little less. I posted a picture of the links to photobucket and hope the link is correct. http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y443/polera257/IMG_20140625_122832_z... The Right most link has the Tesla bushings installed which I pressed out of my original link in the center, the left link is without bushings. The next step is to make the links from aluminium. BBC is also making a bushing which will fit the link so when these are done you will not have to press out your bushings, just purchase the links and install.

Custom LCA's are in the works:

BBC Speed and Machine and SUPRKAR are testing adjustable UL's with the possibility of offering adjustable TL's (not needed IMHO) and not LCA's

And Chris1howell was S U P P O S E D to offer "stretched" I-beam fixed UL's

UPDATE: Chris1howell of OpenEVSE JUST announced the availability of beautiful .210 long UL's on another
thread. YEAH ! !

Last edited: