Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"i3 vs Tesla" HK Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
to be honest all these car reviews can be easily manipulated and are very subjective. But the most amazing thing both apple daily and automomo emphasised is the 'driving pleasure' of the i3 without saying a word of its performance and safety on curve roads. i3 turns sharper because of shorter wheelbase (2570mm vs 2959mm), but I doubt with the thin tyre the driver can throw the car corners after corners. the term 'driving pleasure' is very subjective and can be used to mislead readers, because one cannot measure how much 'driving pleasure' a car has, editors can easily say car A has more driving pleasure than car B, while car B actually goes around corner better.

Another note is that there is no distributor in HK for this specific tyre, you can only go back to BMW and pay a premium for it. At least for the moment.

I will test drive the i3 when there is a chance. But I am not buying it at any price and no matter how good the other configs are, the door is THE deal breaker.

Although I don't understand the reviews as they are in Cantonese, by the comments here, I strongly assume these guys are in the pockets of the established brands to trash Tesla.

I tried to translate his main points here, feel to correct my translation.
1. Hong Kong is a like a testing ground for EVs, whenever there is an RHD EV, it will come to HK market, just like the Tesla Model S behind me.
--> the way he said it explicitly implies all EVs are immature for the market, include Model S.​

2. Some features, should as AirCon, SunRoof, should have physical buttons.
--> I am ok with that, as some people really don't like touch screen.​

3. Once release the paddle, the car slow down a lot to a annoying level.
--> I think everyone here knows what's wrong with this comment.​

4. If you have a heavy right foot, driving this car would be dangerous as the torque is instant.
--> well, it reminds me of a line in one of Bon Jovi's song:​
"Well I blame this world for making A good man bad "

5. The rear wheel spin a lot even when I half-floor the paddle.
--> I doubt it.​

6. Company to other 800k ICE car, it is acceptable.
--> Actually, Model S price should be 1.5M-2M without tax exemption.

From 1:28 to 1:35, he try to play with the big screen while he is driving in a narrow road to show how ridiculous of the 17's console is, what a jxrk!

The title of the review is "Is Tesla Model S an omnipotent God of pure EV ?"; The intention is obvious.