Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone in Hawaii know this white 1.5 Roadster listed on eBay?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

Does anyone in Hawaii know this white 1.5 Roadster listed on eBay?

See Tesla Roadster N A | eBay

Looks like a nice car with a battery in good shape.

I'm not clear on what this statement from the listing means: "This Roadster had the battery completely reworked at the factory less than 1000 miles ago."

"Reworked"? I wonder what that means.

The text of the eBay ad sure seems familiar, like I've seen it earlier this year in another ad. Maybe this Roadster was listed for sale months ago and didn't sell.

Last edited:
I've never seen that one on the road over here. With only 9,000 miles in ~5 years though that doesn't surprise me as she's not on the road very much. I did see a white one in the SC a few months back--might have been this one having the battery serviced as mentioned, I'm not positive. There's very few Roadsters over here compared to MS sedans. Wish I could be of more help.

If you're seriously interested in it, I'd be willing to look it over for you--just work it out with the seller. PM me if you want and I'll send you my contact info.

I've never seen that one on the road over here. With only 9,000 miles in ~5 years though that doesn't surprise me as she's not on the road very much. I did see a white one in the SC a few months back--might have been this one having the battery serviced as mentioned, I'm not positive. There's very few Roadsters over here compared to MS sedans. Wish I could be of more help.

If you're seriously interested in it, I'd be willing to look it over for you--just work it out with the seller. PM me if you want and I'll send you my contact info.

The pictures of the one in the listing first has Wisconsin tags, then Hawaii tags. There's reason to believe that its not been in Hawaii for a very long time. Are the background images in the pictures of the Walmart on the west end of Oahu?

Yes I noticed that. My guess is that the photos with Wisconsin plates are old and taken just before the car was shipped from Wisconsin to Hawaii. The ad states the person listing the car is not the "original owner/seller". It states :"I am listing the vehicle for him and answering the questions as they come.". Maybe the owner moved from Wisconsin to Hawaii and moved the car and the photos were taken to document the condition of the car before it got loaded onto the Intercity truck pictured. Some photos in the eBay ad show Hawaii plates.

Yes I noticed that. My guess is that the photos with Wisconsin plates are old and taken just before the car was shipped from Wisconsin to Hawaii. The ad states the person listing the car is not the "original owner/seller". It states :"I am listing the vehicle for him and answering the questions as they come.". Maybe the owner moved from Wisconsin to Hawaii and moved the car and the photos were taken to document the condition of the car before it got loaded onto the Intercity truck pictured. Some photos in the eBay ad show Hawaii plates.

Yes, my comment about the plates was primarily since it had been in Winconsin, that could explain why we have not seen it recently around Hawaii before this posting.

Since the holographic number is illegible in the pics, based on the plate number and registration sticker (it would have been required to be registered upon arrival), I'm guessing it arrived in Hawaii in March of 2012 (could be 2011...but I'm leaning towards 12 based on the plate number.)

I know the car quite well - It is mine.

I have Carl handling the potential sale on my behalf. It is a great car - I've enjoyed it quite a bit - just isn't getting the use that it deserves.

Mahalo!