Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yet Another P85+ 21" Tire Thread - Mix and Match Front-to-Rear Brands?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before getting my Tesla Model S P85+, I drove a 2003 Nissan 350Z for 11 years. I drag raced it and auto crossed it, and had two other sets of wheels and tires ... some R comps for AC and dragging (all hobby, test-n-tune, street tire nights, etc) - so I know a little bit out different tires. I ultimately squared up the front and rears on the Z, with 245/45-18 on all four corners and loved it, worked very well for my daily driving style and tire longevity.

Now for the MS, I'm at like 9600 miles in 4 months, and have been satisfied with the tire wear so far. However, the back ones are getting close, at this rate, in a month will need new rears, and the fronts may be able to get a little more out of them.

I was considering putting the raved about Michelin Pilot Super Sport up front, and going with another set of PS2 in the rear. Maybe allowing the front tires to last twice as long as the rears.

The Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 has caught my eye for the fronts ... as this looks like the only tire in the class that is symmetric/directional ... possibly allowing for it to to be rotated Left-to-Right on the front for even more life.

I also like the Continental ContiSportContact 5P ... and would consider them for all fours, however I can't seem to fine the rear size in stock anymore. (No longer on TireRack - only rear tire there in 265/35-21 is the PS2.)