Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Massively ICE'd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I was heading home via the Harris Ranch Charger and couldn't believe that a truck/tralier blocked all but 2 of the charging stations. The security asked around the restaurant and no one admitted owning the truck. The police came by and mentioned that since it was private property there was no ticket they could issue. Finally the owner came back to his truck after about an hour. Security was irate as they had asked this individual specifically if this was his truck inside and he denied it. There needs to be better parking enforcement - these stations are expensive and I waited an hour last night.......

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 3,283
We need to advocate for a change to the CVC (California Vehicle Code) allowing for cars blocking properly-marked EV charging sites to be towed at owners' expense, whether it is on public or private land. Tesla, Nissan and GM could join together to use their lobbying clout to create model legislation.

Does anyone here know Gavin Newsome, the Lt. Gov. (or are you active here, Mr. Newsome)? The Lt. Gov. owns two Teslas and is an EV advocate, perhaps he can help us find some like-minded legislators to help draft such a bill.

Last edited:
You know you're an a-hole when:
Security was irate as they had asked this individual specifically if this was his truck inside and he denied it.

Yeah, they are called the guy with the flat tire(s).
Unfortunately that would have only kept him in front of the chargers longer.

It's kind of annoying the police can't give tickets for this. What are the lot owner's options? Just having the vehicle towed, I guess?

You know you're an a-hole when:

It's kind of annoying the police can't give tickets for this. What are the lot owner's options? Just having the vehicle towed, I guess?

This suggestion is for fun, not in anyway endorsed/recommended in reality: what about siphoning the fuel
from his tank? There should be enough to start and move clear of the supercharger, but he soon understands what it is to be running
on empty and needing a top up?

I very much suspect this was an act of not-so-passive aggressiveness on that guy's part. We know some people harbor an irrational hatred for alternative-fuel vehicles, and I suspect this guy very deliberately parked like that. Plus, a liar on top of it all? A-hole indeed.....

You'd think Harris Ranch would have a good jack and a few cinder blocks handy.

Of course, since they are on private land, Harris Ranch could put up a sign stating that "unauthorized vehicles will be towed." It ought to get satisfactory results without having to result to torches and pitchforks.

The solution is to crazy glue/seal the gas hatch cover. Doesn't get him stuck there longer and he gets a little taste of his own medicine when he needs to fill up.

Karma.

Reactions: RoderikS
Yeah, they are called the guy with the flat tire(s).

Armed and Dangerous with John Candy comes to mind.

The solution is to crazy glue/seal the gas hatch cover. Doesn't get him stuck there longer and he gets a little taste of his own medicine when he needs to fill up.

Karma.

Superglue is now on my to get list when preparing for my road trip this fall.

Last edited: