Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New to thread Charging, procurement questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi I'm a New Jersey resident and am beginning to look in to the Roadster as an option to accompany my motorcycling buddies on annual trips ( this year the Blue Ridge Parkway). I like the Model S but frankly I'm drawn to the convertible, style, and novelty. In layman's terms, is it possible to charge a Roadster at the current public charging stations ? Any advice on how to go about purchasing a Roadster ?

Thanks in advance,
Paul J - a Roadster curious NJ resident

Sure - but how much time do you have? The public chargers are limited to 30A 200V so you'll get about 24 miles per hour - the range of the roadster is about 200 miles so you might have to spend a couple days driving getting there and back.
Check out PlugShare - EV Charging Station Map - Find a place to charge your car! and use the filters to only look at roadster HPCs - those will get you charged up in 3 hours but usually are at private residences.

There are some cars listed on this board's classifieds and you can look at ebay or on the Telsa Motors CPO site - Certified Pre-Owned | Tesla Motors. The good thing about a CPO roadster is that the warranty is for 3 years including the battery
so you'll pay a little more upfront. Good luck!