Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Auburn MA (non-canonical thread)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Auburn Supercharger hearing scheduled tomorrow 7/21.

Planning Board Meeting Public Hearing
7:00pm at the Auburn Town Hall

104 Central Street
Auburn, MA 01501
508-832-7704

Proposed location is the Auburn Mall

Last edited:
Yes!
That's been my preferred location for some time rather than Sturbridge. It covers a lot more routes.
Hopefully they'll put one in Chicopee soon as well. With those two plus the Bourne bridge one, MA and Southern NE will be in pretty good shape. The only other location I'd really like to see, although it's more a convenience than necessity, would be one at their proposed new location in Dedham. Since they're setting up a new facility there, I'd think adding a Supercharger wouldn't be a large additional expense.
Northern NE of course needs some too! Then there are the Maritimes, but they're really almost in France .... :tongue:

Yes!
That's been my preferred location for some time rather than Sturbridge. It covers a lot more routes.
Hopefully they'll put one in Chicopee soon as well. With those two plus the Bourne bridge one, MA and Southern NE will be in pretty good shape. The only other location I'd really like to see, although it's more a convenience than necessity, would be one at their proposed new location in Dedham. Since they're setting up a new facility there, I'd think adding a Supercharger wouldn't be a large additional expense.
Northern NE of course needs some too! Then there are the Maritimes, but they're really almost in France .... :tongue:

All the way to Maritimes would be nice. Get Model 3 to hit target, maybe get other manufacturers on board the Supercharger, and then see how many places will throw in some money to get a Supercharger built.

Went to the meeting today at 7:00pm.

1. 8 chargers at the Auburn mall.
2. Planning Board approved the project.
3. Project needs to go in front of the Conservation Commission on 7/23. An approval from this board is required before the project moves forward. If all goes well, work could begin in September.

3. Project needs to go in front of the Conservation Commission on 7/23. An approval from this board is required before the project moves forward.

Did you (or anyone else here) go to tonight's Conservation Commission meeting? Any report?

If all goes well, work could begin in September.

Feh. 6 weeks to start, after all the approvals are in? :confused:

I did call the Town Hall. The project passed the Conservation Commission with conditions; I believe there is about a 20 day appeal process. I have no idea what the conditions the board imposed on Tesla; the minutes are not published on the Website. I do know Tesla wants to break ground ASAP.

Here is a guess assuming the conditions are OK by Tesla:

1. 20 Day appeal process
2. Construction begins in Mid August.
3. Finish around Mid-Late September.

Last edited:
It would be more accurate to say it is in the permitting process. There are still some steps to go through before construction can begin.
True, but the remaining steps would be very unlikely to result in a "no." If the conservation committee didn't like something about the design, they would request some alteration/mitigation in all likelihood.