Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

REFUEL TT Results

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Denarius

Apr 27, 2013
Utah
For those that couldn't stay, here are the results:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,153
Thank you! I had to leave
I though my time was complete junk. surprised at those results a bit :confused: 5th place, guess I should be happy
I drove decent for most of the track, wasted some power early on and I messed up bad on turn 2, slowed too much too early and came in too hard on it. Think I should be able to do at least ~5+ seconds better next time, or maybe more since I haven't had a chance to play w/ my tire setup and ran street+ pressures + first time at the track...hoping

who were the Tesla Drivers?
I found Ross Maguire by googly, seems like a really smart kid!(tesla 'owns' him so he must be) + not a bad driver
pretty sure Vlad had the only S with racing rubber -265s all around (Teslarati car)
and the guy who just barely beat me? who was that? need to bet a beer, dinner, or 5$ next time :wink:

Last edited:
I had a really great lap going, nailed everything, then turned corner 11 and floored the pedal, absolutely nothing happened. Even the checkered flag seemed to droop. Car crawled to the finish line. Sheesh, power limit galore.

I guess I should have held back a bit.

I had a really great lap going, nailed everything, then turned corner 11 and floored the pedal, absolutely nothing happened. Even the checkered flag seemed to droop. Car crawled to the finish line. Sheesh, power limit galore.
I guess I should have held back a bit.
Limiter and traffic definitely impacted my TT lap.

Regardless, it was a blast. I'm quite happy with my (throughout the day) results for first time at this track. And I definitely want to try to come back, hopefully for Refuel.

@Tesla: T H A N K - Y O U - F O R - T H E - S U P E R C H A R G E R S. TT wouldn't have been possible without them.

- - - Updated - - -

Denarius and I had dinner with #48 (Vlad) after the event. Dinner was great, but the ride to and from was even better -- more specifically:
Laureles Grade Road, California

I wish my SIM cards weren't full. That would have been some great footage. I only touched the brake pedal twice from Carmel to Monterey on the way back.

I wish I would have run the TT, but I was too scared of totaling the thing out. My best time during the regular sessions was a third lap (of 5, typically), at 2:04.176. Not bad for being limited and on crappy all-seasons. Next year.

This year, though, TT participants PM me your car number/color/email and I'll send the pics I took from the tower at the start/finish line. I *think* I got at least one decent shot of everyone. I'll send them out tonight after work.

Last edited: