Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the best App/Website to find EV Charging stations in France?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Soulopoulos

Byron VIN:22999 & 151975
Jan 9, 2013
Haacht, Belgium
Hi Guys,
In September I'll come and visit the South of France via Reims from Brussels.
I've got a Type 2 and Type 3 charging cable.
What's the best iphone App or website to locate EV charging stations in France?

Any suggestions where to Fast Charge in Reims?
Mercie!

Hi Guys,
In September I'll come and visit the South of France via Reims from Brussels.
I've got a Type 2 and Type 3 charging cable.
What's the best iphone App or website to locate EV charging stations in France?

Any suggestions where to Fast Charge in Reims?
Mercie!

Hi, i would recommend ChargeMap :

ChargeMap - a community driven map of charging points for electric vehicles

The URL works on the TMS display and there is also an iPhone and Android app.

Regards,

Elie

Well maybe a little off-topic but still: what will be the most common card to use if you want to charge? In Paris, I understand, it's AutoLib. But outside Paris?
I will drive to the vicinity of St Tropez and plan the route via the Superchargers. But, just in case, will take a type 2 - type 3 with me.
In Tne Netherlands we receive a card from The New Motion from Tesla, which works at some charging points in Belgium, too.

In Saint Tropez there is an 22kW Type 2 and Type 3 charger in the Parking du nouveau Port:
Parking du nouveau Port: charge point in Saint-Tropez

You have to first order a badge from the company that runs it: Mon accès | Plus de Bornes
They are free and I got it in my mail a few days after ordering. The charging is free, but of course you have to pay the parking.

When you drive into this parking you have to take a right and actually continue to the other end of the parking lot (drive past the first "borne" you see which is simply a domestic 220V outlet).

Besides this one just check on chargemap, you also have one free fast charger (40kW) in the center of Nice which is free and doesn't require a badge. Two more fast chargers also free in Monaco.

I didn't have the Plus de Bornes card quickly enough, but we have charged in St Tropez with such a card with the help of a fellow forum member.
For the rest the superchargers of Aix and Frejus worked fine for us.
Thanks for the information!