Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One sexy parking lot...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

rabar10

Model 3 >> Focus Electric
Dec 3, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Collection of shots snapped just as the TMC Connect 2014 lunch break started:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

In the parking lot - right about sunset - a nice couple came up to me and went from "what's going on what are all these cars?" - to -
"we're going to look into buying a Tesla". Took about 15 min. Lots of questions, Fun! I was on my game. I think I sold one. :smile:

In the parking lot - right about sunset - a nice couple came up to me and went from "what's going on what are all these cars?" - to -
"we're going to look into buying a Tesla". Took about 15 min. Lots of questions, Fun! I was on my game. I think I sold one. :smile:

Bravo! Walking through the parking lots yesterday and today was like taking a time trip into the near future! Tesla's are everywhere, almost outnumbering the ICE cars throughout the resort. This is what we have to look forward to when Model 3 bursts onto the scene in a few years!!

More than 1 hotel guest stopped me (...wearing Tesla gear) to ask if there was some kind of convention going on given the number of Teslas strewn about. Almost tempted to say that this was the norm in the greater SF Bay Area...:)

Two pics:

Hyatt Prking lot 2.jpg

Hyatt Parking lot 1.jpg

Short merged & edited clip:

(It was still processing when I posted this. If it doesn't work, give it a few minutes.)

Unfortunately 1/ it was a bit windy and 2/ I lost my sweeps of the license plates which was arguably the best video. Argh!

Last edited by a moderator:
From my twitter post....

A "lot" of Teslas.

View attachment 54367
I count 30% of the Model S in these pictures are red. Is red really that popular, or is it selection bias that owners of red cars are more likely to be Tesla enthusiasts (or Tesla enthusiasts are more likely to have red cars)? I'm wondering that because of all the Model S in Austin I've only seen one red one until I saw all these when I was at the event. In Austin they're almost all white, black, grey, or blue (and my green one).

I count 30% of the Model S in these pictures are red. Is red really that popular, or is it selection bias that owners of red cars are more likely to be Tesla enthusiasts (or Tesla enthusiasts are more likely to have red cars)? I'm wondering that because of all the Model S in Austin I've only seen one red one until I saw all these when I was at the event. In Austin they're almost all white, black, grey, or blue (and my green one).
Hmmm... red was surely well represented. Brown/Green were the least. My bias unsolicited poll says the newly "collectors" metallic gray is the nicest though, not that I'm bias! :D

Hmmm... red was surely well represented. Brown/Green were the least. My bias unsolicited poll says the newly "collectors" metallic gray is the nicest though, not that I'm bias! :D

hmm, good thought. I was thinking brown would be good after seeing what 1? at TMCConnect or were there more?

and, hey that's my car in the front right. ooh sexy 'classic' grey

ipod quality pic
IMG_1258.JPG

Maybe a Hyatt like this could become a Tesla 'dealership' to get by some of the stupid state laws ;>

The extreme black-/white-/red-ness of the existing color lineup is particularly evident when you put so many of them together and view them from the sky.

Edit after watching the video: Hey, stop zooming in and looking at all the garbage in my trunk. :wink: Where's my free cargo cover?

I count 4 Roadsters. Is that the correct total number of Roadsters at the event?
did you count Bonnie's? I think there were closer to 10 than 4

- - - Updated - - -

I tried standing on that fence to get a picture too, but found that the previous night's effects were weighing on my ability to stand steadily. :)

you should have taken the stick for support...