Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I want red calipers. How to?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

andrewket

Dec 20, 2012
I've got the older grey calipers and like the look of the red especially with grey wheels. I know people have successfully repainted calipers grey to red, and then used stencils to get the Tesla logo back on them.

1. Does anyone know of a shop in the DC metro area that will do this for me?
2. Given that most people seen to repaint, I have to assume the price for red calipers from tesla is expensive. Anyone know how much tesla wants?

Andrew

If you do it yourself, that's great, but if you have a shop do it, make sure you ask them about how they control overspray. Our detailer noticed that our shop had little control of overspray and lots of it ended up on our XPel wrap. It was hard to see on our brown car, but made the wrap feel gritty. Our detailer was able to clay bar most of it out and return it to a smooth feel. It was amazing to see how much paint ended up on the wrap. If you have a different color car, the overspray may show up more than it did on our car and depending on how long its on and whether you wrapped or protected the paint with sealant, may have varying amounts of success at removal. Best bet is to ask them about their technique and avoid the problem to begin with!