Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Live Photos....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going to try posting direct during the day....not sure if it's going to work. Anyone else wants to post here also pls feel free....

Folks start arriving:

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Mission Control:
image.jpg

cross-post (sorry I usually don't do this but given that I want someone to see this now as that guy from Tesla is speaking already):

I hope people gathered a legitimate list of questions to ask this time instead of the last Q&A session with Elon at the annual shareholder meeting where there were a bunch of ridiculous questions that none of us care about and some even completely irrelevant like the super genius II trying to get a job as VP or future CEO. And the questions should be pertaining to things we don't know yet, not questions/answers that are repeated over and over like "when is gen/Model III coming out". how about questions like details on the roadster's new battery and whether or not that's based on the same batteries as the S and X or if these are new chemistry's or density's that might show up in Gen III, or how about asking about the recent spurt in drive unit replacements and whether or not Tesla would consider a 100,000 mile warranty on their powertrain like other manufacturer's do. or how about the price gouging that's going on at tesla certified repair shops and whether or not they plan on taking control of this or blindly let this insurance-fraudulent-like activity continue which will cost all of us big $$$ in the long run when insurance companies realize that the model S pretty much gets deemed totaled for the smallest of accidents - and include examples for $49k repair bill for cosmetic damage for one guy and an $8k repair bill for a "SCRATCH" for another owner here in NJ. See? good questions. not lame ones.

Gigafactory rendering (N.b. Landscape is rendered, don't waste time trying to google it)

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

2014 expansion:

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

No big news on Model X:

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

are they gonna build the factory upside down too?

That's a "posting from iPhone" feature. :p

- - - Updated - - -

Diarmuid on the Roadster 400 mile battery pack (jokingly):

I didn't survive this long at Tesla by getting ahead of the boss....

Fair enough.

Nigel. Just came across this...always a 'day late and a dollar short' on my end. Thanks for the pics. Any news on the timing of the factory retooling? Will the high speed line open first, then the original line be retooled to give then a second high speed line?

Thanks

Tom Saxton on battery longevity:

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Nigel. Just came across this...always a 'day late and a dollar short' on my end. Thanks for the pics. Any news on the timing of the factory retooling? Will the high speed line open first, then the original line be retooled to give then a second high speed line?

Thanks

Diarmuid couldn't give any forward looking statements. I'm moderating here also so I'm going to keep posting snippets to give folks a feel for things, expect more detail to come from other folks.