Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Video of TMC Connect 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We put a lot of resources into the live stream last year. While it was adequate, it left a lot of room for improvement. The recording of the other sessions was lack luster.

These year I'm focusing on hopefully better quality recording of the sessions, and not doing live. So hopefully we'll have better overall results.

We put a lot of resources into the live stream last year. While it was adequate, it left a lot of room for improvement. The recording of the other sessions was lack luster.

These year I'm focusing on hopefully better quality recording of the sessions, and not doing live. So hopefully we'll have better overall results.

Thanks Doug. That sounds like the best plan.

GSP

I am sure that there are several of us that would ante up for one of the pro levels at Vimeo to get good hosting for the mass quantity of great videos that I am sure you will be producing!

9:15am – 10:00am Keynote – Diarmuid O’Connell, Tesla Motors | Regency Main

That's only about two hours from now.

How about a little live-blog.

When something important/interesting is mentioned, then you can post it in this thread.

The sooner we will know it, the better it will be, I think.

9:15am – 10:00am Keynote – Diarmuid O’Connell, Tesla Motors | Regency Main

That's only about two hours from now.

How about a little live-blog.

When something important/interesting is mentioned, then you can post it in this thread.

The sooner we will know it, the better it will be, I think.

I hope people gathered a legitimate list of questions to ask this time instead of the last Q&A session with Elon at the annual shareholder meeting where there were a bunch of ridiculous questions that none of us care about and some even completely irrelevant like the super genius II trying to get a job as VP or future CEO. And the questions should be pertaining to things we don't know yet, not questions/answers that are repeated over and over like "when is gen/Model III coming out". how about questions like details on the roadster's new battery and whether or not that's based on the same batteries as the S and X or if these are new chemistry's or density's that might show up in Gen III, or how about asking about the recent spurt in drive unit replacements and whether or not Tesla would consider a 100,000 mile warranty on their powertrain like other manufacturer's do. or how about the price gouging that's going on at tesla certified repair shops and whether or not they plan on taking control of this or blindly let this insurance-fraudulent-like activity continue which will cost all of us big $$$ in the long run when insurance companies realize that the model S pretty much gets deemed totaled for the smallest of accidents - and include examples for $49k repair bill for cosmetic damage for one guy and an $8k repair bill for a "SCRATCH" for another owner here in NJ. See? good questions. not lame ones.

Last edited:
I hope people gathered a legitimate list of questions to ask this time instead of the last Q&A session with Elon at the annual shareholder meeting where there were a bunch of ridiculous questions that none of us care about and some even completely irrelevant like the super genius II trying to get a job as VP or future CEO. And the questions should be pertaining to things we don't know yet, not questions/answers that are repeated over and over like "when is gen/Model III coming out". how about questions like details on the roadster's new battery and whether or not that's based on the same batteries as the S and X or if these are new chemistry's or density's that might show up in Gen III, or how about asking about the recent spurt in drive unit replacements and whether or not Tesla would consider a 100,000 mile warranty on their powertrain like other manufacturer's do. or how about the price gouging that's going on at tesla certified repair shops and whether or not they plan on taking control of this or blindly let this insurance-fraudulent-like activity continue which will cost all of us big $$$ in the long run when insurance companies realize that the model S pretty much gets deemed totaled for the smallest of accidents - and include examples for $49k repair bill for cosmetic damage for one guy and an $8k repair bill for a "SCRATCH" for another owner here in NJ. See? good questions. not lame ones.

Yes, no questions about new apparel choices or asking for jobs. Diarmiud should be asked questions that HE would know the answers. He is in charge of business development. The questions you pose are excellent but he is in charge of the Gfactory negotiations/placements. New factories in NA, Europe, China. Maybe even SC expansion. While he should be well informed on other aspects of the company business development and acquisitions are his forte.

I didn't see this until today, but the one regarding the Roadster battery got asked. I believe this was the first question where he said, paraphrasing, "I've done well at Tesla by not getting out in front of Elon." So, non-committal, but not a 'no.'

When do you think that we will be able to see the video/recording?

Yes, no questions about new apparel choices or asking for jobs. Diarmiud should be asked questions that HE would know the answers. He is in charge of business development. The questions you pose are excellent but he is in charge of the Gfactory negotiations/placements. New factories in NA, Europe, China. Maybe even SC expansion. While he should be well informed on other aspects of the company business development and acquisitions are his forte.

Yes, this^^^. If it's the VP of Biz Dev, asking him about battery chemistry seems self-defeating. He's not going to know first-hand information. He is going to know, however, about the stuff he's involved in, like gigafactories. But IIRC, no one asked him those types of questions.