Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging/Parking in downtown Seattle (near the Washington State Convention Center)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ckessel

Jan 15, 2011
I'm going to PAX this year over Labor day weekend and I'll need to charge while I'm there. Hell, I might want to use the local parking in the area regardless as the hotel charges $40/night to park the car!

I thought I'd see if anyone has experience with chargers and/or parking in that area, by which I mean within just a few blocks of the convention center. Suggestions for good places? Dire warnings of doom about which to avoid?

Plugshare shows several charging spots nearby. Or park wherever you like and then charge at the Seattle SC.
Yea, I've looked at Plugshare and it'll be my resource lacking other information. I posted in case folks had first hand knowledge that'd be more credible/reliable/current than Plugshare.

I thought about the Seattle SC as it's fairly nearby, but I doubt they'd let me use them as a parking lot for the weekend.

City Center parking on Union between 5th and 6th (a couple of blocks from the WS CC) has 2 free L2 chargers. They are frequently in use because they are primo parking places. Parking itself is way pricey there.

I thought about the Seattle SC as it's fairly nearby, but I doubt they'd let me use them as a parking lot for the weekend.

There is no Seattle Super Charger. You're probably thinking of the service center, which isn't generally available for random customer charging, though you could ask I guess. I've never really had to charge right near the convention center, so I don't know what is necessarily the best place. I know of a couple spots that are several blocks away though. PlugShare is showing that there is Blink station right across the convention center at the 7th & Pike Garage.

However, I was actually going to recommend parking at the Washington Athletic Club. That's where I always park when I go to PAX. The all day rate isn't terrible, like $20 or $25 or so, and I can usually find a good parking spot where I feel my car will be safe if I go down enough levels. The WAC is a mildly fancy fitness place, and so you'll see other nice cars there too. They have chargers on a couple levels; I think they're Blink if I remember correctly, and they're in fairly good spots.

If you end up having to park far away, let me know. I'd be glad to give you a ride to PAX.

Yea, I've looked at Plugshare and it'll be my resource lacking other information. I posted in case folks had first hand knowledge that'd be more credible/reliable/current than Plugshare.

i actually disagree with this...if you call in advance and let them know what you are doing in the area...they have a fenced in yard..they'll charge you car for you first thing..you leave them your key and then will move your car around back and will give you a ride downtown...the only downside is that they aren't open on Sundays so you'd need to make arrangements for them to park it outside on hath street for you on Sunday with the key in frunk and you'd have to get a ride back down to them...they've done thighs in for me.

ive parked and charged at the seattle SC for every gaming event I've ever been to downtown and in fact even when I go to pikes or heck pretty much anything involving downtown just because I know my car is safe and won't get bothered...

i actually disagree with this...if you call in advance and let them know what you are doing in the area...they have a fenced in yard..they'll charge you car for you first thing..you leave them your key and then will move your car around back and will give you a ride downtown...the only downside is that they aren't open on Sundays so you'd need to make arrangements for them to park it outside on hath street for you on Sunday with the key in frunk and you'd have to get a ride back down to them...they've done thighs in for me.

ive parked and charged at the seattle SC for every gaming event I've ever been to downtown and in fact even when I go to pikes or heck pretty much anything involving downtown just because I know my car is safe and won't get bothered...
Good to know. I'm there through Monday, but Monday is a holiday so they'd have to park it on the street for a couple days.

I park at Pacific Place for my daily commute. There are a number of Chargepoint stalls and I've never seen all of them in use. I think it's $2 for 8 hours and I've gotten about 18 miles/hr charging there. It's a few blocks from the Convention Center and not sure if they have a day rate or if it just maxes out at $25.

Only annoying thing is that from my experience, the cables are a bit short and you really have to pull forward as close as you can.

I've used Pacific Place as well for a weekend trip. Daily max is just $10 on the weekend, so it's much cheaper then hotels. With plenty of ChargePoints, you'll have a good chance of having one free too. Until there's a Seattle Supercharger, this will probably be where I'll keep going when staying in Seattle.

As Coreym mentions, the cables are short and the spots are angled, so you can't back in. They will reach, you just have to pull within a few inches of the wall.

IMAG0207.jpg

I've used Pacific Place as well for a weekend trip. Daily max is just $10 on the weekend, so it's much cheaper then hotels. With plenty of ChargePoints, you'll have a good chance of having one free too. Until there's a Seattle Supercharger, this will probably be where I'll keep going when staying in Seattle.
Thanks, that's very helpful. I'll have to sign up for ChargePoint (already have a Blink account). And the $10 max will save me a bunch over the $40/night the hotel wants.