Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Panoramic Roof Sun Shade now in Tesla Store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
interesting. i just paid $120 to add 35% tint to the pano which was sooo worth it. it's made a noticeable impact on the heat i feel on my forehead and head when i drive in the sun (to be fair, i have dark hair). even when the car itself wasn't that hot, there were days my kids in the 2nd row kept saying they were hot and it was because of the pano. the tint also eliminates virtually all the glare. you can literally stare at the full sun through the top now without blinding yourself.

i had a loaner 85 without pano and immediately noticed how much cooler it felt from above, which is what prompted me to attempt the tint. i wish they had these shades two weeks ago so i could try them, but i don't like that you'd have to keep taking the front shade off if you want to open the roof. it's a pretty large piece of glass and even with available folding, i'm sure it's kind of a pain to put away quickly.

i still would be interested in checking out these new shades!

Shop Tesla Gear Model S Panoramic Roof Sunshades

No picture yet, but it doesn't say "Coming Soon" and has a price ($150), so I guess it's ready for shipping. I was under the impression we were promised this for free, but I think that may have been GeorgeB, and with him not around anymore, who knows.

I'd still get it for the winter though, given it actually keeps cool air out too.

*waits for pics*

IMO I paid for this, as it was advertised for my early (6117) car, I paid for it, I want it, along with my hard drive and I'm going to get if without paying for it again.

It was certainly on the features list on the Tesla website for a long time after I got my car. But from the description, this isn't really what I was expecting. I was thinking of sunshade that rolls up and hides under the cross bar cover.

I doubt it. I think the existing factory tint on the sunroof is very effective. A sunshade on top of that is pretty worthless.

Probably, but as mentioned, I'm more interested in it for the winter. When it's cold out, I always feel an aura of chill up by my head. Curious/hoping the pano shade adds a bit of insulation. Even if it's just enough to kill the feeling of a draft, it might be worth it.

Can you take pictures if you have time? They didn't have any on the store site last time I looked. Thanks.
I tried tonight but with my average lighting in the garage they did not come out well. I will try tomorrow in the daylight. If you have the mesh hatch sun shade it is identical to it. These came folded up in a bag and popped out with NO creases. Installed easily. The hatch one had a crease in it for several days before flattening completely.