Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

50K, nearly there

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been patiently waiting for my vin, keeping my fingers crossed hoping that it might be the magic 50K car. I was assigned my vin today 49799. So close! Oh well, at least Tesla and everyone associated can celebrate the fact that the 50K car will be here soon.

I have been patiently waiting for my vin, keeping my fingers crossed hoping that it might be the magic 50K car. I was assigned my vin today 49799. So close! Oh well, at least Tesla and everyone associated can celebrate the fact that the 50K car will be here soon.

I too had been wondering if I might get 50,000. I'm told I might get my VIN in the next week, but I'm guessing I'll be just a little bit over 50k.

I have been patiently waiting for my vin, keeping my fingers crossed hoping that it might be the magic 50K car. I was assigned my vin today 49799. So close! Oh well, at least Tesla and everyone associated can celebrate the fact that the 50K car
will be here soon.

Haha! Same with me when I was waiting for my VIN last year, I had my fingers crossed for 25000 but I got 25610 :)

Pretty cool that we are now exactly 8 months later and there are 25000 more cars. Averaging 3125 cars per month and 721 cars per week since mid November (just for fun, I know its ramping up every weeks).

That was just from another post I read, so take it for what it's worth. But, given the variation on when people see them (some don't even see them until their car is almost in production) I'm inclined to think manual intervention is involved, otherwise it would be more consistent.

With the quarterly results coming out this coming thursday, I expect another big batch of vin#s to be assigned Monday or Tuesday. Those will be for cars that might still make it for US delivery by end of Q3. vin numbers are given out right about 45-50 days prior to US delivery. It is really hard to determine how much Chinese orders are impacting US delivery windows. Slightly, but not a whole lot. Places like Australia, Hong kong and japan keep getting pushed back, based on some posts around here. Those markets are still very young and need more service centers built and people trained, let alone superchargers installed. A lot of people in Hong Kong and Australia have Vin numbers but no idea on delivery windows.