Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post delivery decor change

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd love to hear the answer to this too. When I bought my S, the carbon fiber was only available for P85's, so I couldn't get it. 1 month later, they added the option to get carbon fiber regardless of P or non-P. I've always wondered how much it would cost to add the carbon fiber, but have been afraid to ask because I suspect it will be very expensive.

+1 on wanting to know this. Someone could just call their service center and ask...I think I've used up my good-will at my local SC with other inquiries, but maybe in a couple weeks ;) I am guessing the parts would cost the same given the yacht floor costs the same aftermarket (I think), however the installation might be costly, depending on what it takes to do it. I would think a decent DIY'er could do it themselves, but I haven't seen any good posts on these forums about opening up the dash (yet).

I originally confirmed piano black and tried to change to CF at the last minute but it was too late :(

That sounds about right. Back when I was ordering someone talked with Tesla about doing this, and I recall it was around $4k. The whole dashboard has to come out, along with the armrest console. Some huge percentage of the cost was labor.

That seems like a very poor design. Kinda like the 3g radio being integrated into the screen and not a easily replaceable. (what would have been so hard about putting the radio in the glove box) Ill call St. Louis today and see what they say.

here's an option to consider ... I had my mirror bodies wrapped in "carbon fiber", and I think they turned out really good ... don't know if it's possible to do it without removing the dash, but wrapping it would be a fraction of the cost of real CF

mirror.JPG

here's an option to consider ... I had my mirror bodies wrapped in "carbon fiber", and I think they turned out really good ... don't know if it's possible to do it without removing the dash, but wrapping it would be a fraction of the cost of real CF

View attachment 54054

I was thinking the same thing! I should have an answer early next week from Tesla as I reached out to service this afternoon regarding replacements.

Really? How many cars are designed for quick, easy changing of interior trim?? I've never heard of one. 3-4k $ sounds totally appropriate for all the associated labor and materials, particularly for a cosmetic change that is totally unnecessary. I would'nt be surprised they said forget it, a waste of their time. Just do a carbon wrap.

That seems like a very poor design. Kinda like the 3g radio being integrated into the screen and not a easily replaceable. (what would have been so hard about putting the radio in the glove box) Ill call St. Louis today and see what they say.

Really? How many cars are designed for quick, easy changing of interior trim?? I've never heard of one. 3-4k $ sounds totally appropriate for all the associated labor and materials, particularly for a cosmetic change that is totally unnecessary. I would'nt be surprised they said forget it, a waste of their time. Just do a carbon wrap.

actually, most bmw's don't require much effort to change. probably can be done all within an hour. if i were you, i'd stick with what you have until you get tired out of the look before you wrap them... you might change your mind.

I have had rather inexpensive vehicles chevrolet, pontiac , dodge and the entire dash assembly can be torn apart in 20 mins. Just looking at the car i see four pieces that would encompass the interior trim.