Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Tesla Model S Signature Corrected and Re-Coated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This Signature Model S came to the studio Opti-Coat Pro removal, a paint correction, and Opti-Coat Pro re-application. The previous detailer who coated the car did so without correcting the surface.

I had fun working on this car even though it was a little of a challenge :wink:. Hope you enjoy the photos and the video as well.

Condition of the MS at arrival
IMG_1354.png
IMG_1360.png
IMG_1361.png
IMG_1364.png
IMG_1421.png

50/50 shot
IMG_1371.png

Hard at work..I love working on Teslas
IMG_1376.png
IMG_1385.png
IMG_1396.png

Paintwork after polishing has been completed
IMG_1377.png
IMG_1380.png
IMG_1404.png

This makes everything worth it
IMG_1445.png
IMG_1450.png
IMG_1427.png
IMG_1453.png
IMG_1456.png
IMG_1472.png

Yes, I'm happy to charge your MS as a courtesy while we work on it.
IMG_1460.png

If you have any comments, questions or just want to learn more on how to properly care for your Tesla, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'm not a Tesla owner but I do share your passion for this amazing cars.

Regards, Pete

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful work! Bummer you're not based in CA.

I see in your signature that you do several different kinds of coating. Everyone has an opinion on this, but since you actually do this for a living, I'd love to know what yours is. If it were your Model S, and you had to choose, what would you go with? (Including within-brand, e.g. Modesta BC-03 vs. BC-05.)

Looks great Pete. Love looking at this.

Mike

Thank you Mike :cool:

Beautiful work! Bummer you're not based in CA.

I see in your signature that you do several different kinds of coating. Everyone has an opinion on this, but since you actually do this for a living, I'd love to know what yours is. If it were your Model S, and you had to choose, what would you go with? (Including within-brand, e.g. Modesta BC-03 vs. BC-05.)

I work with 7 different coatings for many reasons. Longevity, protection, gloss, etc. Also to give my clients choices. Not everyone has the same budget and or needs.
If I had a Model S I would do Gtechniq Crystal Serum layered with 2 coats of Gtechniq EXOv2..It's a very good coating, the protection is exellent and it makes the maintenance of the car extremely easy down here in FL.
I recommend a coating to my clients based on climate, driving conditions, etc. Modesta is a very good coating as well..The BC03 is a scratch resistant coating while the BC05 is a glass coating that provides a high gloss and very good hydrophobic properties. They should go together to give you the best protection and finish. One layer of BC03 followed by a layer of BC05.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, I recognize that car!:love: Nice work Pete and thanks.

It was truly my pleasure Sir

Last edited:
Beautiful work, as always, Pete! Hmmm... That sig looks familiar. Where have I seen it before...? 

Thank you buddy...let me know where you've seen the sig before :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

Pete,

What's your recipe for the paint correction (specifically, what did you use on this car)?

Mike

Mike,

In the craft of paint correction there is no ONE FITS ALL recipe..every car, every Tesla is different, many factors play a role on achieving the right finish in a safe and responsible manner without sacrificing the integrity of the clearcoat. Temperature, humidity and paint softness (to mention a few) will make a difference on how and what products will be used on a car. If you want a DIY product to work on your Tesla I recommend Meguiar's M205..this is a great polish and pretty safe to use.

On this car in particular, due to the severity of many scratches I had to do a 2 step correction..Step one I used Meguiar's M205 with a Meguiars Microfiber Finishing Pad followed by CarPro Reflect with a Lake Country Hydro Tech Crimson Pad.