Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lighted T moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As if Tesla moments were not enough, in the past week I've had a number of lighted T moments.

Every day (at least when I'm not traveling) I park in a private 7 story lot in a dedicated space. Often I leave the front lighted T on. In the same area several Audis, BMWs, and other assorted brands also park on a daily basis.

Yesterday the owner of an A7 walked by as I was getting out of my Model S. He stopped and asked me what the T meant when it was on. I was inclined to say, "It means I forgot to turn it off" but instead I decided to josh him a bit and replied "It means the battery is at 90 percent state of charge." Then I noted, "When it's flashing it's a warning that the battery SOC has fallen below 25% of capacity." He nodded and walked away convinced.

Two days before I was stopped at a red light with the lighted T on. A teenage male pedestrian with a group of friends walked by the front of the car, stopped, did a double take, and leaned over, pointing to the lighted T with a big grin on his face as he beckoned with a big thumbs up for his friends to take a look. That gave me a big Tesla grin.

Last edited:
I had my S on display at Cars and Coffee St. Petersburg yesterday with my front T lit the entire time. I had some fun with a few people as passerby's would stop and get an up close look at the T while I was standing 10 or so feet away talking with other people. I pulled out my remote to the T and continued changing from strobe to pulse to off to on and so on. It was still a little dark when this happened so the T was very visible. It was very funny.