Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need suggestions on mounting locations for Beltronics STi-R+ display and control unit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've decided to install the Beltronics STIR+ radar detector (the clone of Passport 9500ci), and I'm looking for suggestions on where people have mounted both the LED display and the control unit.

I have seen artsci's install in the cubby, but I don't want to close that off entirely.

I've also seen the LED displays in the rear view mirror, which I might do down the road, but not right now.

My current default is to mount them both on the side of the cubby (like artsci) without blocking off all of the cubby... But that's where I have now my Valentine 1 remote display mounted, and it's really out of the way to see easily. (The V1 will be removed).

Any other good ideas? Photos would really help! Thanks.

Here are a few pic's of mine.
2014-03-15 12.48.37 (1).jpg
2014-03-11 17.51.11.jpg
2014-03-11 17.51.04 (1).jpg

Nice, thanks!

I was playing around last night, and I think I'm going to do close to what you did, but mount the control unit on the lower armrest right next to the 12V socket. Out of the way but still reachable by feel). And for the display, I was thinking what you did, or right on top of the rear view mirror. Did you fabricate a bracket to mount it on the headliner like that?

Where/how did you mount the laser shifters (if you have them)? I assume you mounted the radar receiver and GPS antenna in the nosecone.

Any other tips you can provide?

Why is the headliner a different color in the second picture?
Flash on the first picture.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice, thanks!

I was playing around last night, and I think I'm going to do close to what you did, but mount the control unit on the lower armrest right next to the 12V socket. Out of the way but still reachable by feel). And for the display, I was thinking what you did, or right on top of the rear view mirror. Did you fabricate a bracket to mount it on the headliner like that?

Where/how did you mount the laser shifters (if you have them)? I assume you mounted the radar receiver and GPS antenna in the nosecone.

Any other tips you can provide?

Yes on the nose cone. I am using Laser Intercepters so I have a Laser Counter Measures.
2014-03-15 12.48.00 (1).jpg
2014-03-15 12.48.57.jpg