Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Micro Bubble Technologies Unveils M-Fuel and CNT-Battery to the Public

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have any info of the CNT-Battery? Would the lithium CNT-Battery increase the mileage driven between charges?

Link

Barrington, IL – September 28, 2009 – Micro Bubble Technologies Inc. (“MBT”), the newest subsidiary of EcoloCap Solutions Inc., (OTC-BB: ECOS), will be hosting an event at its Korean factory on Tuesday November 3, 2009, to showcase its two core technologies, M-Fuel and the CNT-Battery, for the first time to the public.
This event corresponds to the unveiling of the Version 3.0 of the NPU-60 and Version 1.0 of the NPU-10. These Nano Processing Units (NPU) are the self contained devices that mix M-Fuel, and now have the capacity to produce 60 tons and 10 tons of M-Fuel per 24 hour period respectively. In addition, MBT plans to announce the official name of their proprietary Emulsion Fuel (M-Fuel). This water, nano, oil particle, and gas suspension fuel will now be known as M-Fuel.

Attendees of the event will take part in demonstrations of M-Fuel used on a boat, truck, and stationary diesel engines, along with observing M-Fuel being burned in open and closed furnace applications. Each demonstration of M-Fuel will be connected to emission monitoring equipment that will evidence and record the reduction of emissions produced by the burning of M-Fuel compared to that of traditional fuels.

MBT will also be holding demonstrations of the discharge and charging characteristics of their Carbon Nano Tube Battery (CNT-Battery). These batteries yield up to 8 times the reserve capacity and recharge in less than ten minutes compared to a similar type battery. MBT is currently offering a 5 year limited replacement guarantee on all CNT-Batteries charged with the MBT designed charger system.

This long awaited presentation of MBT’s M-Fuel and CNT-Battery to the public will illustrate and confirm the unique characteristics of these revolutionary technologies. Michael Siegel, President and CEO of EcoloCap Solutions Inc. and Micro Bubble Technologies Inc. stated: “This is a truly exciting event for the Company. It will be open to the press, distributors, vendors and those individuals and businesses interested in implementing the technology and we expect this occasion to generate a great deal positive response.”

ABOUT MBT:
Micro Bubble Technologies Inc. (“MBT”) is a “green” nanotechnology company, focused on improving alternative energy solutions through the development and marketing of their nanotechnology-based energy products. MBT’s Carbon Nano Tube battery (CNT-Battery) demonstrated to have 8 times the energy reserve capacity of traditional lead-acid batteries, 2.5 times that of lithium-ion batteries and a recharge time of five to 10 minutes; all for a premium over the price of similar lead-acid battery. MBT’s M-Fuel technology processes oil with water and a special additive through its proprietary NPU system. The results provide a 60% reduction in emissions, a 40% reduction in oil consumption, and up to a 25% reduction in cost of fuel and engine maintenance. These reduced emissions will also generate Carbon Credits, which can be sold on the open market, for those users in countries participating in the Kyoto Protocol of the United Nations.

MBT markets its products worldwide either directly or through agreements with distributors and is presently exploring distributers in Europe.

For further details on the November 3rd event or for additional information on the business and their technologies please visit the Ecolocap website, www.EcoloCap.com, or send an inquiry to Investor Relations at [email protected]his e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it .

Company Contact Information:
EcoloCap Solutions Inc.
1250 South Grove Avenue, Suite 308
Barrington, Illinois 60010
Tel: (866) 479-7041
Fax: (847) 919-8440
Investor Relations: [email protected]his e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it
Sales: [email protected]his e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following is a post by Micro Bubble Technologies president Michael Siegel who answered several questions on GM-Volt forum
Link

"My name is Micahel Siegel, and I am the president of Micro Bubble Technologies inc. I would like to answer the questions posted per our battery and field any other questions.

1) swimdad623: We sold the distribution rights to the battery for specific markets in North America. The distributors still must purchase and sell batteries.

Here is the irony. We have contacted the big three as well as other US companies and not one is willing to test the battery. Most likely the Chinese will be delivering an electric car with our battery capabilities.

2) Innovator: A CNT battery pack will sell for about 1/3 the price of a Li battery pack without the associated Li problems.

3) Anto: The new website will be up next Tuesday under www.Ecolocap.com.

4) Texas: You are right. We are not asking anyone to give us anything, and we will demonstrate the battery to the public. Even after the demonstration people will not believe. This is human nature and perfectly acceptable.

Comment: The first battery production will be going for golf carts in the US,UPS, and electric cars in Asia.

If there are any questions please forward them to me, and I will answer them all."

EcoloCap Solutions Release Preliminary Test Results for its Nano Lithium X Battery

This is getting interesting.

EcoloCap Solutions Release Preliminary Test Results for its Nano Lithium X Battery

BARRINGTON, ILLINOIS--(Marketwire - 03/17/10) - EcoloCap Solutions Inc. (OTC.BB:ECOS - News) today announces it has received preliminary results of the independent tests of it Nano Lithium Battery conducted by Exponent, About Us | Exponent, a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm of Phoenix, AZ. The initial results demonstrate that EcoloCap's advanced technology fills a void in the market for low cost, high-powered batteries. A single cell of EcoloCap's Nano Lithium Battery, rated at a minimum of 200 Ahr, can replace hundreds of existing lithium-ion battery cells, making it smaller, lighter and more powerful than traditional lithium-ion batteries. And by employing low levels of powdered Lithium, the Nano Lithium Battery can be produced at a lower cost than the competition.

Michael Siegel, President and CEO of EcoloCap Solutions Inc. stated: "The preliminary test results show that the EcoloCap Nano Lithium battery performs better than we had predicted. The testing has demonstrated the efficiency of the battery as greater than 99% which is unique for any kind of battery. Testing has also demonstrated an actual increase in the power densities previously calculated. I believe that the Nano Lithium battery is the highest energy density battery to date. We will publish the full test report within the next week, and these will be posted on our web site."

Further information on EcoloCap Solutions Inc., its products and services can be found at http://www.ecolocap.com.

Steve123, thanks for providing the update. It is unfortunate EV battery packs are not standardized. That would enable EcoloCap Solutions to test their packs on a Roadster.

However, they can actually prove the product if they were to construct a pack suitable for Roadster using their nano lithium cells. Having one or more brave Roadster owners testing these packs would provide real-world results within several months and a good validation of the product.

For those prospective battery companies this may be the best manner in which to test their batteries. Not sure how TM would feel about that given they are in the business of selling battery packs. Vehicle warranty issues will also arise. These companies can just purchase their own Roadster for testing purposes.

This was published last October:

A Closer Look at EcoloCap's (ECOS) CNT-Battery Technology « TheOTCInvestor.com

The CNT-Battery has been put to the test in several independent labs, which have found the following characteristics when applied to lead-acid batteries:

- Eight times the reserve capacity of a similar battery.
- Three times the energy density of a lithium-ion battery.
- 99.99% recyclability to keep the environment clean.
- Recharge time of just 5 to 10 minutes total.
- Enhanced life-time of the battery by 10 times or more.
- Roughly the same cost as the original lead-acid battery.

So if it's been tested in labs before, why all the interest now?

Good news.
So still being 24 months out, anyone have a guess as to the chances these might end up in the Model S?

I think there is a big difference between providing engineering samples and doing mass production. Having testable samples is a good start, but it might take a while before they are ready to sell something in quantity. Also, there can be production issues to work out sometimes. I wouldn't want the Model S to use a brand new, unproven battery technology. We need durability tests on production units.

True...but if these batteries are as much of a step forward as they seem to be, I'd think that 2 years would allow enough time for accelerated testing of durability, performance, and safety.

Manufacturing/cost issues are another story, of course.

Then again, I'm a hopeless optimist :)

The CNT battery refers to their lead chemistry, the new tests are for their lithium chemistry.

Fair enough - but the claims being made for this lead chemistry are also quite amazing. As cheap as lead-acid, 2.5x capacity of Li-ion, fast charging, longevity.

If they were certified, why wasn't it all over the blogosphere? Have they been shown in a vehicle?

Near the end of last year Ecolocap said the first run of batteries would be going to golf cart manufacturers, some speculated EZ Go, not sure if that was ever confirmed. I would think there are golf carts shipping with them now or pretty soon, but I have no verified reports.

Something's a bit fishy about this.

The story I found above says the CNT battery was tested by independent labs last October. Yet a press release from this January says:

EcoloCap Solutions Inc. (OTCBB: ECOS), an innovator of alternative energy products, today announced that the first shipment of its CNT-Battery Technology has been delivered from its Korean facility to the Company’s US headquarters for independent testing. The battery will be tested for all technical aspects, including reserve capacity, cell voltage, thermal efficiency and charge time. Results will be published as soon as available.

Mr. Siegel also announced that the Company is completing the development of a next generation Nano Lithium battery. More specific information about this technology and its performance characteristics will be made available shortly.

Now, two months later, we get:

Exponent Testing’s preliminary results show better performance than previously announced for EcoloCap’s Nano Lithium Battery.

Barrington, IL – March 16, 2010 – EcoloCap Solutions Inc. (OTCBB: ECOS) today announces it has received preliminary results of the independent tests of it Nano Lithium Battery conducted by Exponent, a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm of Phoenix, AZ. The initial results prove that EcoloCap’s advanced technology fills a void in the market for high power batteries. EcoloCap’s battery employs low levels of powdered Li and as such is able to offer its technology at lower cost as compared with all other types of lithium cells

So the lead-acid went in and now we get lithium results? :confused:

Some earlier preliminary results are shown here. The important line is:

Energy Density:

Normal Lead Acid: 17.44 Wh/lb
MBT CNT-Battery: 94.12 Wh/lb [=207 Wh/kg]

So it's good, but not 2.5x Li-ion. Maybe 2.5x fast charging Li-ion like AltairNano's.

These guys [Next Alternative] have the distribution rights for wheeled applications. Anyone want to try to buy some for a homebrew EV?

I really hope this is the real deal, but then I said that about EEstor too...

OK fair enough, but now I'm really confused. I found another press release (this also not on their own website) here: EcoloCap Solutions Inc. Announces Testing of its Lithium X Battery by Certified Lab

"Preliminary indications from independent labs which tested the battery over the last month for prospective users indicate that the Li-X is the highest density output battery per weight of any commercial battery in the market today. The Li-X is only 1/5 in weight and 1/7 in size compared with lead acid batteries. The thermal efficiency of the Li-X battery (over 98%), under charge and discharge, is greater than any existing battery. The battery cell design allows for the development of battery modules for specific customer applications from 4.2 to 32 volts, from 200 to 1,200 Ahr with a longer life cycle than existing lead or Lithium batteries

So the CNT battery is 8x better than lead acid, but the Li-X is 1/5 in weight and 1/7 in size (I'm presuming he means for the same capacity).

I think what makes Ecolocap a little confusing is that they incorporate their nano technology into two different batteries...one is the CNT lead acid battery, and the other is the Lithium X Battery.

Next week could be very interesting if Exponent Testing releases the results of their independent testing of the Nano Lithium X Battery. Exponent testing is not a fly by night outfit. They have been contracted by Toyota to assist them in identifying the unintended acceleration in Toyota vehicles.

Toyota’s Work with Exponent | Search Results | News | Exponent

Looking forward to next week for the test results.